Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 AM   #31
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
So for anyone who has actually used a skin on their eReader, did you find it distracts from the reading experience? Or were you able to ignore it and immerse yourself in the book?
I have the Pink Tranquilty from DecaGirl and as somebody said above I find it lovely and calming when I just open my Kindle case. When I'm reading I don't notice it at all.

Quote:
Another question is whether it is worth it to pay $5 extra to get a matte finish?
I do prefer the matte finish.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 PM   #32
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerfoot View Post
can someone link to the black one that was mentioned for the 350? I don't see it on the site....
As previously mentioned, the black has not yet been done for the PRS-350. To order it made for the PRS-350, go here: http://www.decalgirl.com/design.view/419

There are a number of other predominantly black skins. You might want to look here: http://www.decalgirl.com/search.view...h_in=decalgirl

Good luck!
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:13 AM   #33
Geekette70
Geekette70 began at the beginning.

Device: 2 Kindle 3 WiFi's and a Nook WiFi
Late to the party, but for what it's worth, I have the Qwest (matte) on my Kindle 3 and the hubby has Josei 2 (matte) on his Kindle. I have Bicycle Chain (high gloss) on my Nook with the matching screen saver.

Despite it being an extra $5, I LOVE the matte finish and regret purchasing the glossy one for the Nook. The matte finish seems to apply easier (in my experience), doesn't pick up finger prints, feels nicer to hold for any significant length of time (less slippery) and (most importantly) there's no glare when using a booklight.

My husband both use this case for our Kindles and they look great in it.
Geekette70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:55 AM   #34
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Are skins actually stuck to the device or are they more like the neoprene cover I use for my itouch that slips on and off?

If they are stuck to the device, can they be removed easily and/or replaced without marring the device?
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #35
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish View Post
Are skins actually stuck to the device or are they more like the neoprene cover I use for my itouch that slips on and off?

If they are stuck to the device, can they be removed easily and/or replaced without marring the device?
they are actually stuck to the device. as opposed to most every other sticky thing, they leave no residue when they are taken off
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #36
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
Cool, thanks! I might give one a try then
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #37
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mish View Post
Cool, thanks! I might give one a try then
just be really really aware of what pleases your eye when you go to get one. this is really a case of "less is more" pertaining to variety of color (IMHO)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:27 PM   #38
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Something like Starry Night which is mostly purple streaks is very non-distracting and the dark color makes the background of the reader seem lighter. I like it best in glossy, the texture of the skin pleases me better and it is not as slippery as the matte.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 AM   #39
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
The skin for my PRS-650 arrived today, so I just had to post in this thread ! I actually only wanted the skin on the back of the device, because I was afraid the glossy white would distract me while reading. I don't use a case when I'm reading, so I still get to admire my reader.

The skin comes in one piece (which is quite logical actually) so I had to cut it in half myself. I'm usually pretty bad at applying skins (the adventure with my PSP skin still gives my nightmares), but this one was actually pretty easy !

I cut it a little bit too big (and not completely straight ), but I'm really liking the effect on the side. Also the red heart is so radiant. I absolutely love it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0129.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	658.4 KB
ID:	62584   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0130.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	640.1 KB
ID:	62585   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0131.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	492.2 KB
ID:	62586  
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #40
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
I applied a skin to my ipod touch, and the battery life started to drop after a few charging sessions. I removed it and the battery life improved, though not back to normal.

Has anyone noticed this effect on their kindle?
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:09 PM   #41
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I have been wondering about the stickiness of the skins. I notice that the material on the back of the Kindle "sticks" to my fingertips, allowing me to balance the Kindle on one hand. Do the skins from decalgirl retain this finger stickiness?
Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #42
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
I have been wondering about the stickiness of the skins. I notice that the material on the back of the Kindle "sticks" to my fingertips, allowing me to balance the Kindle on one hand. Do the skins from decalgirl retain this finger stickiness?
My body chemistry seems to try to dissolve a lot of cheap plastics, so I know what you mean. Some plastics always feel 'tacky'. Or even worse, sometimes I get an 'inky' feeling when handling them.

(I even stick to fake 'leather' couches in the summer when I wear shorts. So it's a good thing I don't like to wear shorts!)

I've got the decal girl skins on my Ipad, prs-650 and prs-300 and love them. I got the matte/satin finish and while they feel like thick plastic, and very protective, I don't get any tacky, slick or inky feelings from them.

I love them so far, and it's been about three weeks with the first set.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #43
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
I have had this one on my ereader since Feb 2010 and it still looks like new.http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/36983
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 AM   #44
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfry View Post
I have had this one on my ereader since Feb 2010 and it still looks like new.
Lucky you. Less than a year after I bought mine, I noticed something: either the vinyl has grown or the protective layer has shrunk. You know, the skin is actually made of at least two layers: one with the picture and adhesive, and a thin transparent glossy layer on top. Well, at the edges of the skin I can see the latter is as much as ~2mm smaller than the rest. Other than that, it's perfect.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote