Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #1
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Kindle 2 Dock/OS Icon

I thought I'd hand out the icon I use on my computer for my Kindle folders etc.
I've got more than one version, and I will post a collection of them when I get the time to organising them.

Anyway, here's one for starters...

362x362 PNG file... I have scaled this down into a windows .ico, but I want to do one with all size formats, so I won't upload the .ico file until I've finished it :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Best So Far.png
Views:	1379
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	54376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Best So Far HGG.png
Views:	286
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	54377  
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Balerion
Connoisseur

For those that don't know, that's the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy symbol on the second one... got the idea from the following web comic http://xkcd.com/548/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle.png
Views:	283
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	54378  
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Very nice. Especially like the HHTTG homage and look forward to a "Don't Panic" version if you have one. Will definitely be using these.

I don't suppose you'd care to include PNG versions in a Mac size (512px, if your source images happen come that large, 256 if they don't) in your eventual collection?

It'll be fun to see if I can set one of these as the custom icon for my Kindle when it's mounted on the desktop.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
Balerion
Connoisseur

Will scale it down for you to 256... no probs. 3am here now and going to crawl into bed. Will start getting together a collection and post some tomorrow. Sorry... just uploaded my stock version... didn't even think that its not really a compatible size unless you're going to use it on an icondock.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerion View Post
Will scale it down for you to 256... no probs. 3am here now and going to crawl into bed. Will start getting together a collection and post some tomorrow. Sorry... just uploaded my stock version... didn't even think that its not really a compatible size unless you're going to use it on an icondock.
Oh no, please don't; that's not what I was asking for. I can scale these down myself perfectly fine.

I was just wondering if it would be too much bother for you to possibly generate even larger sizes that would look nice on a Mac desktop and in a format that Linux users could also use. I have this terrible fondness for having icons set to ridiculously huge; I don't know why.

Sorry for the confusion.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert