Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Luzme

This is a web site that does the same thing that Inkmesh does. I have not been able to go to Inkmesh for some time now so I have sought a replacement, Luzme. It also allows you to register and add books to a want list so that you do not have to enter all the information in to the site multiple times.

I will keep this forum infromed about all those great gems of web sites that I find and/or run into
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Luzme is an awesome site. I use it frequently!
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Luzme has representation here on Mobilereads and usually keeps us informed on any changes or updates. For the life of me I cannot remember the screen name. Chalk iut up to CRS syndrome.

In addition, it is a great site.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #4
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
How do you get Luzme to update the prices? Listing the price from Dec 24th isn't very useful. Also, they haven't fixed the graph misalignment issue.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just upload my Wish List for Amazon and wait until Luzme notifies me of a change in price of a book I am watching. I rarely go to the site otherwise.
Advert
Old 02-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #6
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I just upload my Wish List for Amazon and wait until Luzme notifies me of a change in price of a book I am watching. I rarely go to the site otherwise.
That's what I'm referring to. If Luzme doesn't update their listed prices, they are unable to email you price changes.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:52 AM   #7
jersysman
Wizard

But I do get updated from Luzme. I get updates for Amazon, Diesel, OmniLit, and Apple. Do you not get those?

Edit: Also Kobo & Barnes & Noble

One more edit: I've gotten 3 emails from the time I first wrote this message.

Last edited by jersysman; 02-09-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Luzme has representation here on Mobilereads and usually keeps us informed on any changes or updates. For the life of me I cannot remember the screen name. Chalk iut up to CRS syndrome.

In addition, it is a great site.
I think this is me you're referring to

Glad you like it!

Sorry if it's been a bit slow recently; got another mention on Lifehacker and the deluge of traffic slowed things down a bit for a while. But I think it's back to normal now.

Please drop me a DM if there's a problem you're still having; I'd like to know about it!

Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #9
jersysman
Wizard

Yep, it was you I was referring to Rachel! Glad to see you are still around.

The site still is great for me. I'm always adding to my Kindle wishlist and the site always keeps me informed on price changes.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hi Rachel,

I have a separate wish list for my Kindle books. Does Luzme search all of my public wish lists? It has 84 books on it at the moment, so I'd prefer not to add them one by one.

Thanks!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #11
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Something that's annoying me about Luzme at the moment is that when I'm signed up to get notifications of new releases from an author, I get notified of every single release, even if it's the same book over and over (different editions/versions/countries/formats). It would be nice - and I realise that this would take smart tech - to have an option to only get a notification of the first release of any particular book.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:59 AM   #12
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Hi Rachel,

I have a separate wish list for my Kindle books. Does Luzme search all of my public wish lists? It has 84 books on it at the moment, so I'd prefer not to add them one by one.

Thanks!
Yes, it does. All your public wishlists, in all the countries you've signed up for. So if for example, you're in Australia but also use Amazon US and UK, it'll search them all.

Rachel
Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #13
rwillmer
luzme.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Something that's annoying me about Luzme at the moment is that when I'm signed up to get notifications of new releases from an author, I get notified of every single release, even if it's the same book over and over (different editions/versions/countries/formats). It would be nice - and I realise that this would take smart tech - to have an option to only get a notification of the first release of any particular book.
By default, you should only be getting one notification per new book.

My guess is that when you're getting the duplicates, the system doesn't yet know that Book A is the same as Book B. It's not possible to always automate that match, because quite often the book titles/authors/isbns are completely different.

But please send me an example the next time this happens, (email me at rachel at luzme dot com) and I'll check out whether it's working as it should.

thanks
Rachel
Old 04-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #14
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillmer View Post
By default, you should only be getting one notification per new book.

My guess is that when you're getting the duplicates, the system doesn't yet know that Book A is the same as Book B. It's not possible to always automate that match, because quite often the book titles/authors/isbns are completely different.

But please send me an example the next time this happens, (email me at rachel at luzme dot com) and I'll check out whether it's working as it should.
I can give you one example off the top of my head - I was just notified that Wintergirls is "New from Laurie Halse Anderson" in June and now available for pre-order. Wintergirls came out in 2009. Another recent pre-order notification was for Two Boys Kissing (David Levithan), which is less old but still last year's release.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #15
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
You've done a great job with the site, Rachel. I've saved a lot of money!

If I could make one feature request, it would be to specify the shelf name for Goodreads integration. By default it could remain "to-read", but since I already own many of the books on my to-read list, I would create a shelf containing only the books for which I want to monitor the price and it would cut down on the number of emails. I hope this is possible.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote