Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #1
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Epub Editor on Android

I mostly read books on my tablet or ereader, so I've been looking for an epub editor to make text edits while reading. I know I could pull up Sigil and read on my PC, but if I have time to sit down at my desk I have other things to do besides reading, unfortunately.

I've seen a few threads on this, but the newest I could find was several years old. Has anyone found a decent, or even just functional, epub editor for Android?

Even just making text changes is fine, so long as it works and doesn't further mess up the epub formatting.

Last edited by Rbneader; 02-10-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Even just making text changes is fine, so long as it works and doesn't further mess up the epub formatting.
I'll sign up for that!
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Given that an ePub file is just a renamed zip file, all you need is a zip program and a text editor.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Given that an ePub file is just a renamed zip file, all you need is a zip program and a text editor.
I've never figured out how to make read-only files editable.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There really isn't any solution for this? Huh.

I may start trying to build something myself then.
Advert
Old 02-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #6
bobstro
Zealot
bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobstro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014,Hisense Sero Pro 7,Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
You'll probably want a basic HTML editor, unless you're happy just editing raw HTML in a text editor. So long as you don't break the HTML formatting, editing should work just fine. Not sure it'd be a fun thing to do on a tablet, but it should work.

Scratch that itch! Good luck rolling your own.
bobstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
Rbneader
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobstro View Post
You'll probably want a basic HTML editor, unless you're happy just editing raw HTML in a text editor. So long as you don't break the HTML formatting, editing should work just fine. Not sure it'd be a fun thing to do on a tablet, but it should work.

Scratch that itch! Good luck rolling your own.
I'm thinking of taking one of the opensource epub readers and seeing how to add editing functionality to that. I'd rather not start from scratch if I can help it.

I haven't programmed for Android before, so having a codebase to start from will help a lot.

Editing on a tablet can't be any more irritating than running into constant spelling mistakes on a tablet. If there's anything more complicated than spelling or grammar changes a desktop is the better tool. I just would rather be able to fix the simple mistakes on my tablet than have to read through in Sigil before transferring.

Last edited by Rbneader; 02-21-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Tags
editor, epub