Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #61
tomaschavez00
Enthusiast
tomaschavez00 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Guys... should I repair my screen (m92) with booxtor (210 usd approx) or wait and buy a new device (m96 or something like that)??
tomaschavez00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #62
The Chef
Enthusiast
The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.The Chef can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox i86 Plus (formerly M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaschavez00 View Post
Guys... should I repair my screen (m92) with booxtor (210 usd approx) or wait and buy a new device (m96 or something like that)??
I'm gonna try to hold out for the new ones, but no idea when they will be released...

But if you really need a large ebook reader NOW, then yeah get it repaired (or buy another new M92 as it may not be that much more in price than the repair..). Seems Booxtor has very good service either way
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #63
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaschavez00 View Post
I would have it repaired. That way you can use it until the new one comes out, and then you can sell it and roughly recoup the cost of the repair, which you can use to partially cover the cost of the new model.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #64
JHarry
Connoisseur
JHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animalsJHarry is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeng View Post
M95 will use digitizer(maybe wacom) without front-light.

The 13.3 model will definitely be cheaper than SONY reader. It uses the same flexible screen of SONY reader. The processor is iMX 6 and the OS is android 4.0 or above. We may use IR touch in 13.3 model to get best contrast, but not finally decided yet. The screen resolution is 1600x1200. With android, you should be able to use it as second monitor.
So will T68 has the same display(85hz) like M96?
JHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #65
Sergiy
Sergiy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Who managed to turn Onyx 9.7 inch into a second monitor, please show good quality video how it works.
Sergiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #66
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
I don't mind power management. I just connect the device to the socket and it's all right.
In this case could you give me the Android for i62?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Dear Zeng,

Could you tell me when we, users will be able to download those working Android versions on our i62/ M92 devices.
Thank you!
Greetings!
Levente
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #67
Dan23
Connoisseur
Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dan23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Paperwhite 6.8"
Any update on time frame for 13.3 inch release?
Dan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:12 AM   #68
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
My money is waiting on my savings account for years to be used for a 13.3 inch e-ink reader.

Why? Why does it need so much time?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #69
specialp
specialp began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Hi @zeng!

Any news on when we will be able to buy M95, M96 or this 13.3 ereader everyone is so thrilled about?

I see that you can buy Sony's 13.3 DPT-S1 at Rakuten for about $940. It's a little bit steep for me for only PDF support... Haven't saw any good video review of it yet neither...
specialp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #70
mereshow
mereshow began at the beginning.

I've been told this by www.onyx-boox.com support (when I asked for a M92 screen replacement or new devices. I bought the device there):

Quote:
Hi

M95, based on Android OS should be available before summer.
Display replacement is 166,05 EUR + shipping cost.

Best regards
I also contacted Booxtor, and he was very kind in pointing me to a page (aliexpress) where I could buy the screen myself (at less than half the repairment price).

Cheers!
mereshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #71
Iiyama
Iiyama began at the beginning.

Hi @ Mereshow,

where did you find the right screen for an onyx reader? i've only found this - all screens for the kindle dx :-(
Iiyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #72
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
[Image exceeds posting guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

you mean perhaps this link to the original M92 Pearl -eink Display at aliexpress

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-03-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #73
mereshow
mereshow began at the beginning.

I bought this one:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Amazo...733015996.html
The M92 uses the same screen as the kindle DX, I own both, both with a broken screen :-( so I ordered two screens, they arrived today, less than a week with dhl, and they are both up and running :-)
So I confirm that this screen is suitable for the M92. Be careful, there is another (cheaper) screen model, with different serial number, I don't know if it is older or if it would work on the M92.
Cheers
mereshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:18 AM   #74
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
For certain uses and until they leave most innovative and reliable products, an alternative (now at a good price) is the ASUS Eee Note EA800: http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...ailable-in-us/

The investment is $ 179: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA2NR0UU7083

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:32 AM   #75
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan23 View Post
Any update on time frame for 13.3 inch release?
Answer from Onyx.
Quote:
Hi Xxxxxx,

Thank you for your interest on 13.3 reader. Most likely we will release the device in late of this summer or early of this autumn. So far, the hardware is almost ready. We're cooperating with our partner to provide best IR touch for 13.3 reader.

Regards,
John
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote