Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
HELP! Calibre won't recognize my Kindle anymore!!

I just installed the latest update, 0.8.25 and all was fine. BUT, after giving in to the nagging blue bar telling me some Kindle plugin has been updated, I did so the activated it -- some plugin that would enable me to control folders, etc. on my Kindle from Calibre. NOW try as I might, Calibre refuses to read my Kindle...no communication, no nothing! I even tried reinstalling Calibre, but still nothing.

Can anyone please help me??
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved to PI where I think this will get attention
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You should follow the steps indicated in this sticky. Note that the last one gets diagnostic information that you can post to the forum to let others help diagnose your problem.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
markpearl
Enthusiast
markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markpearl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I followed every one of the steps you have in your sticky -- rebooted my WinXP PC as well as the Kindle 3 -- nothing helped. The information from "debug device detection" provided me with a message to copy & paste provided info somewhere, but there was no info to copy c&p! Strange...

What appeared to correct the problem was plugging the Kindle 3 into my laptop, also running Calibre -- that detected my device. After being reassured the problem was with my setup not my device, I re-plugged the Kindle into my main PC, fired up Calibre and -- inexplicably -- it was recognized. I tried it several times and all was/is well.

This is a very curious phenomenon I've never seen before. Somehow that "Kindle 2/3 Device Interface" plugin update was the cause -- can't explain it. But I disabled then re-enabled it which may or may not have helped fix my problem.

Thank you for Calibre -- and a speedy response on a Sunday evening)
markpearl is offline   Reply With Quote