Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Serena
Zealot
Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Calibre Book Jacket

I love the Calbre book jacket, but is there a way for it to recognize that I have already made one and overwrite it if I try to make another? I made a few before I figured out the metadata download, and now I want to overwrite with the better descriptions.

Thanks!
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
I love the Calbre book jacket, but is there a way for it to recognize that I have already made one and overwrite it if I try to make another? I made a few before I figured out the metadata download, and now I want to overwrite with the better descriptions.

Thanks!
Set your Metadata, Cover picture.
Save
Then convert even if it is only from Epub to Epub That is how you make it update the Jacket or Cover image.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post

Thanks!
I haven't found a way yet.

An epub to epub conversion just causes you to have two book jackets. When I find myself in this situation I just get the original source file (that doesn't have a book jacket already in it) then convert that to epub.

As the theducks said epub to epub works if the original one is clean.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I haven't found a way yet.

An epub to epub conversion just causes you to have two book jackets. When I find myself in this situation I just get the original source file (that doesn't have a book jacket already in it) then convert that to epub.

As the theducks said epub to epub works if the original one is clean.
Now you have me worried.

I will have to watch extra careful like as I have done the E-E thing a number of times after changing data Oh My!
Old 02-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Now you have me worried.

I will have to watch extra careful like as I have done the E-E thing a number of times after changing data Oh My!
I have done this more then once.

The (now 2nd) book jacket info that is in the book (Title, Rating, tags) ends up left justified. The new Book Jacket still looks great.

It bothers me so I redo it from the original source, but it truly is no big deal. So you have 2, 3, or 4 book jackets as you keep reconverting the epub.
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 12:24 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
The best thing would be for epub readers to show metadata
as book jackets at the start of the book so no need to create book jackets inside the file.
I added bookjackets as my v3 readerdoesn't show synopsis in bookinfo.

To edit bookinfo I open the epub in winrar and then remove it
using notepad++ as sometimes its convenient to use the original file as I would have to reselect chapter headings and all the other things I had to do the first time
You can also use sigil I stopped using it as the earlier version used to mess up things
I haven't tried the latest versions
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:07 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
To edit bookinfo I open the epub in winrar and then remove it using notepad++ as sometimes its convenient to use the original file as I would have to reselect chapter headings and all the other things I had to do the first time
Excellent idea, Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #8
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
What's this book jacket feature? Where can I find it?
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Berk View Post
What's this book jacket feature? Where can I find it?
When you convert a book you get the choice to add the metadata as the first page in your ebook.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #10
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Quote:
When you convert a book you get the choice to add the metadata as the first page in your ebook.
I see. Thanks. It is added after the cover image, right?
Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 AM   #11
Dopedangel
Wizard

That depends if you are adding a new cover thats ok
but if the cover is already there it might come before it.
I usually use the replace cover option where the first image file in a book is removed and the cover of your choice added
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 AM   #12
Dave Berk
Fanatic

Quote:
That depends if you are adding a new cover thats ok
but if the cover is already there it might come before it.
I usually use the replace cover option where the first image file in a book is removed and the cover of your choice added
Ok. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I have done this more then once.

The (now 2nd) book jacket info that is in the book (Title, Rating, tags) ends up left justified. The new Book Jacket still looks great.

It bothers me so I redo it from the original source, but it truly is no big deal. So you have 2, 3, or 4 book jackets as you keep reconverting the epub.
Found one

I used Sigil to remove it.
I had used Sigil to pretty up the original convert, so converting from source again, was not a good option