Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #31
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvSebago View Post
Read in the above post how I translated the books from the acsm format to the mobi format that I need to read books on my Kindle.
This is no longer required in the US as libraries now support direct downloading for azw format.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #32
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidreader53 View Post
I have access through my library for e-books, but they download as an acsm file. How can I convert it to e-pub seems calibre is unable to recognise .acsm. Help please
I suggest using your PC instead of your device to download/loan the book so that you can choose to pick the Kindle Version instead of the epub version as many times I have done it from my Kindle Fire and it only shows the option to use the ePub version which will only work on my Kindle Fire (glossy screen not good for reading) but if you do it from the PC you can get the file and then use Mange my Kindle on the Amazon site to send it to my Kindle Touch (eInk screen which is much better on the eyes when reading)

Your results may vary.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:11 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you HONESTLY think that the original poster cares about the answer after three and a half years?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #34
Billie bucks
Billie bucks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
Just right click "open with", choose ADE - if not there find it wherever it's installed - make sure it's authorized and open. You will get your ebook in your Documents/Digital Editions folder in whatever format - epub/pdf - is

Or you could open ADE and use open file to open the acsm and same will happen
Will not allow me to open...I have downloaded the acsm and ADE will not allow..is there any way I can get the files to my new kindle?
Billie bucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #35
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What do you mean by "will not allow me to open"? What error message do you get when you double click the ACSM file in Windows Explorer?
Old 05-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #36
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
hi,i have an acsm file from google play,and i want to read it on my kindle how can i do?!
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Read the start of the thread. It's all been explained.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #38
oksodithen
oksodithen began at the beginning.

Device: nook; BNRV350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvSebago View Post
To translate library books to use on the kindle.

Join a library that has ebooks to check out. Download their ebook reader program. Download calibre. Download a patch for it called tools_v2.4, install the ineptepub_plug.py

When you download the book from the library it comes on your desktop as an acsm file double click on that and it loads it into your Adobe Digital Editions, you will see the cover of the book in that program.

Next you have to find the actual .ebook (c:users>name of computer>my documents>my digital editions. Then I copied and pasted the epub file to my desktop. Drag it into calibre to translate to .mobi.

Then you email the .mobi book to your kindle address (name@kindle.com). I had a couple of issues mailing it at the beginning so I plugged in the USB cable and copied the .mobi book directly to the Kindle (it sees it as a hard drive).

Now I can read the books I checked out of the library on my Kindle! I kept typing in the explorer bar questions on how to do this and found different ideas and posts to try things.
Cheers lovely. Can stop ripping my hair out now - lol
oksodithen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
505, acsm, calibre, epub, sony