Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Half an ebook

Strange problem. I have created an ebook from Scrivener, several times. Each time I do, I can see in Calibre that it goes all the way to the end, and when I have loaded it up to my Iriver (original model) and load it into, say, adobe via finder on my Mac from the Iriver, I can see that it goes all the way to the end. But when I read it in the Iriver, it only goes about two thirds of the way through.

I don't know whether it's related, but it stops at a word, touché, ending in an acute accent.

I'll create a copy tonight without the accent and see what happens, but I wondered whether the behaviour seemed familiar to anyone.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Just as a little addendum to this thread, I suspect that the problem is a dickey Iriver. It takes a considerable time to load, and sometimes the buttons take a very long time to, say, change the page, respond to a change of type size etc.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert