Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #106
oldbook
Enthusiast
oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oldbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
The newest is the 503. A rumor says that they changed the led color to a more warm-yellow white on them.

Any pictures of flawless screens?

How much color blobs are o.k. How looks a perfect and how a acceptable screen?

Last edited by oldbook; 12-23-2012 at 06:42 AM.
oldbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #107
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschr View Post
I just got a new PW today and it looks great. However, I saw one in Best Buy around launch time and it also looked great, so I might be one of the people who doesn't tend to see colors on all the screens. My SN has a 502 in the second segment, if that's where you're looking.
Mine also has 502...and it shipped on December 1. (One of those that, when I ordered, I got the message that the estimated ship date would be December 26-ish, but then a batch miraculously came in (????)).

Now you all have made me curious to see a 503, and to see if there's any difference to the "hue" of the light; wither it's a warmer yellow than the 502.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 10:51 AM   #108
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Mine also has 502...and it shipped on December 1. (One of those that, when I ordered, I got the message that the estimated ship date would be December 26-ish, but then a batch miraculously came in (????)).

Now you all have made me curious to see a 503, and to see if there's any difference to the "hue" of the light; wither it's a warmer yellow than the 502.
Ordered a new ( I wanted to see if they fixed the screen issue)
one after 3 color blob PWs. My new one is a 503 much better then all the previous units I received, the stage lighting on the bottom is less noticeable but I have more light bleed on the left side of unit. Very light pink hue almost midway on the screen very faint. No perceivable difference in the led color from the other paperwhites I received. Cannot say I'm jumping for joy with this unit as I was hoping for no coloration problems, but it is better then the others. I'm beginning to think the second generation will be the only answer to the coloration problem.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #109
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
I'm beginning to think the second generation will be the only answer to the coloration problem.
I agree. I have seen a couple more in person and they both have the color hues, although the users didn't notice them, so I didn't mention it. In fact, one of them said to me, you should have waited because the color problem has been solved, mine doesn't have it. Yet, the spots were very obvious to me. Glad you at least got one that is better than your previous units.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #110
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
although the users didn't notice them
And, in the end, that is the important thing. So very glad that Amazon has worked so willingly to replace units that users were not happy with, even if it took more than one try.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #111
tmf2
Zealot
tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmf2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookatarian View Post
And, in the end, that is the important thing. So very glad that Amazon has worked so willingly to replace units that users were not happy with, even if it took more than one try.
I don't see were they really had a choice. Loss of bussiness good chance of class action lawsuits ......no brainer.
tmf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:55 PM   #112
Loafers
Alexic
Loafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura aboutLoafers has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Got my first Kinde PW. Is the screen supposed to flash black whenever I select an option? Is that how it refreshes the screen?
Loafers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:12 PM   #113
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafers View Post
Got my first Kinde PW. Is the screen supposed to flash black whenever I select an option? Is that how it refreshes the screen?
Yes, that's normal behavior. Enjoy your new PW.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #114
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I received one for Christmas and it's gorgeous. The screen is beautiful and very responsive. I was a bit worried whether the onscreen keyboard would be a pain but it isn't at all. Happy!

Where do we look to find the serial number?
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #115
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I received one for Christmas and it's gorgeous. The screen is beautiful and very responsive. I was a bit worried whether the onscreen keyboard would be a pain but it isn't at all. Happy!

Where do we look to find the serial number?
You can find the SN under manage your devices on your Amazon page or on the actual device from the home page tap the menu button, then settings, then the menu button again, and then device info.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #116
desert dog
Zealot
desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desert dog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2,3 Voyage,Oasis 1&2, Kobo Glohd, Aura hd, Kmini, H2O 1&2
Santa brought a KPW for my wife today and the screen is flawless. Perfectly even lighting throughout the display at all levels of illumination - whew, that's a relief. I was concerned...
desert dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 AM   #117
randomzombie
Enthusiast
randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.randomzombie can eat soup with a fork.

Device: current: Aura HD
Howdy! Could either of you clarify your serial numbers to some extent? At the very least, the three digit portion of the number that begins with 5?

Most of the replacements I'd been issued, for example, have had "501" in their numbers. I'd also been issued a better but still colored "502." Someone somewhere said that new units have the number "503" and that they've been of a better quality. Do either of you have 502 or 503 in your numbers?

See, any kind of confirmation I can get, I can make a stronger and more validated request with CS for another replacement.

Thanks for any help! And merry holidays!
randomzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #118
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
For what it's worth, my 501 and 502 units both have discolorations but I actually prefer the 501 one, although it's very close.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #119
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Both mine are 503. They got delivered last week and only got the slight shadows at the bottom like all PW have.

In post #83 is a picture of them.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 12-26-2012 at 05:26 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #120
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
My Paperwhite is a 502. I don't know if it has coloring on the screen or not; in some lighting the screen is perfect, but in low lighting I almost think I see a smudge of green down near the LEDs. I don't know whether to stick with the kindle I have now, or try to get a replacement in the hopes that it might be better.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote