Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #136
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Mine is a 501. I have no problems with it. I'm not all that picky, in general, though.
Mine is 502. I don't have problems with mine either. I think some need to adjust the lighting. But then I never saw colors, only shadows.

I also have a little parrot (conure 25 years), he is colorful, lol. Orange, blue, green, olive colors. I love those colors.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:46 AM   #137
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Mine is 502. I don't have problems with mine either. I think some need to adjust the lighting. But then I never saw colors, only shadows.

I also have a little parrot (conure 25 years), he is colorful, lol. Orange, blue, green, olive colors. I love those colors.
I love conures! I have had some....but they had to go to make room for babies, 15 years ago....I still miss them. SO much personality.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #138
omega34
Enthusiast
omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've had my Paperwhite for a couple days and I haven't been bothered by the screen at all. I don't have any blobs over the text and I only see the shadows near the bottom when I turn the light all the way up.
omega34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #139
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
I got a PW for Christmas (502 batch). Initially I could see a pale green area but no pink and I was planning to keep it. Last night while reading there were very visible pink areas. Those pink areas were *not* there before because I was aware of the screen issues before I got it, so when I received it I checked the screen carefully. I requested a replacement. I am concerned, however, that discoloration that was not there initially developed over the course of 5 days. Even if I get a great screen in this replacement, I'll wonder if that will change over time....
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #140
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I love conures! I have had some....but they had to go to make room for babies, 15 years ago....I still miss them. SO much personality.
I hope they had to go to good homes. Yes his personality is huge! He is bossy, opinionated and cute as a button. I laugh at him constantly, he doesn't know how cute he is.

What birdies do you have besides your Amazon, how old?
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #141
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Just got my Serial on my MYK page. The PW coming is a 503! It will be here on Wednesday not Thursday. I love Prime.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #142
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just got my Serial on my MYK page. The PW coming is a 503! It will be here on Wednesday not Thursday. I love Prime.
I just looked at my replacement kindle's number on my kindle page, and it's a 503. I was starting to get worried since others were saying you never know with replacements.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #143
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I hope they had to go to good homes. Yes his personality is huge! He is bossy, opinionated and cute as a button. I laugh at him constantly, he doesn't know how cute he is.

What birdies do you have besides your Amazon, how old?
They did get good homes, yes, though I have not kept in touch.

Merlin is @ 27, then I have Napoleon the African grey, Timmy the Timneh grey, they are all 3 around the same age. Then there is the baby, Jitterbug the macaw, he will be 19 years old in Feb Yep, I've had them all longer than my kids.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #144
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can someone explain these serial numbers to me? My current one has a "502" in it, and the one they are sending me has both a 501 and a 504 number in the serial number.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #145
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Can someone explain these serial numbers to me? My current one has a "502" in it, and the one they are sending me has both a 501 and a 504 number in the serial number.
Only worried about the last 3 digits of the 2nd block. That you have a 504 towards the end is just coincidence.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #146
JLeighs
Addict

*Sigh* That's where the 501 is. Oh well. I guess I'll just wait and see.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #147
new

Quote:
They did get good homes, yes, though I have not kept in touch.

Merlin is @ 27, then I have Napoleon the African grey, Timmy the Timneh grey, they are all 3 around the same age. Then there is the baby, Jitterbug the macaw, he will be 19 years old in Feb Yep, I've had them all longer than my kids.
Wow 4 birdies. You do get attached after that many years, I know. Have any furniture chewed up? I do, lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #148
Yellowfrog
Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Sigh ... I ordered a 2nd Paperwhite on Saturday, it's on its way but it's a 502. Will have to see if it's better than my 1st one when it gets here!
Yellowfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #149
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfrog View Post
Sigh ... I ordered a 2nd Paperwhite on Saturday, it's on its way but it's a 502. Will have to see if it's better than my 1st one when it gets here!
Received my PW on Dec 20th. It is a '502' and the screen is perfect. Don't read too much into this serial # hype.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #150
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Wow 4 birdies. You do get attached after that many years, I know. Have any furniture chewed up? I do, lol.
Lots of mangled molding in our old house. The room they are in now doesn't even have any molding. They have chewed a bit of the paneling on the walls, but that's my husband's fault, since he was supposed to put up smooth tile board.