Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
DJC
DJC began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo pricing issues????

Hi all

I have a Kobo touch - love it - but I wonder if anyone has experienced problems with the price Kobo lists their books at, and the price they then try to charge you?

I tried to buy a book recently...listed as $9.59. When I clicked on it to buy it, the price Kobo tried to charge was $10.99. Nothing to do with taxes, no mention of taxes, and no other book I've bought had this issue....though a couple of books by the same author did...

Emailed them on several occasions - just get weird irrelevant responses about price variations between publishers and the like...totally irrelevant.

Feels like the same as being in a shop - picking up a book with a $10 price tag - and the cashier charges you $12 and hopes you don't notice.

I know it's only a small variation, but seems odd

Is this a common issue?

Interested in your advice.
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Some prices are different depending on where you live. So that could be the reason.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I thinmk the issue is beople see one price on the web site, then, when they purchase a different price is displayed. This should not be region related unless sonehow, you have managed to move locales between looking at the book and buying it!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
DJC
DJC began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Kobo Pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I thinmk the issue is beople see one price on the web site, then, when they purchase a different price is displayed. This should not be region related unless sonehow, you have managed to move locales between looking at the book and buying it!
Peter - you've nailed it....I haven't moved locales...it's just as you move from seeing the price and selecting the book to buy it, the price changes....seems weird
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote