Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
tchi
tchi began at the beginning.

Device: samsung E60 (e-reader)
problem screen [Samsung E60]

I did not know where I should post my topic.

I have a problem with the screen of my samsung E60.
In th middle of my screen there was a blank (the text no longer appears). I took it to the SAV (customer sevice). They say that the screen is damaged and it is indeed damaged. It has diagonal lines that are the fractures.

Is that a screen continues to detariorate over time ?
tchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I don't think that they deteriorate over time. More likely something pressed on the screen in that area - while in a purse, attache case, backpack? Or something caused it to twist or bend.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
tchi

If they don't deteriorate over time then something happened when my e-reader was in the SAV.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
All things deteriorate overtime, but it won't just suddenly crack sitting on your desk or something.

You took it in to get check out because the display wasn't working. Most likely the display broke then, and the cracks weren't readily apparent at first.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
tchi

The display was working when I took in to get check there were just 2 missing lines in the middle.

2 weeks later cracks appears on the display.

How is it possible ?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #6
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
The display was already cracked, but not readily visible, and once cracked temperature changes, or force from being touched caused the cracks to get bigger. I deal with LCD displays on phones at my job quite frequently, and once a display is cracked, it doesn't take much at all to make it get bigger. You're talking about something made of thin layers of glass.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote