Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #16
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't go to this link. It will resize your browser window.
Well, to summarize the article-- he is opposed to it.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #17
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Well...maybe not prayers, as Pratchett is an atheist.
Pending doom has a way of making us pray.

"I am running Firefox and it does resize my browser window. Also it wants me to install a Windows Media 11 plugin that I don't want."

One of the worst viruses I have EVER had was due to my insistence that I didn't want or need the newest pulg-in.

But then learning sometimes comes along with great pain.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I had no idea he has Alzheimers. I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
What? Who?

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:49 AM   #19
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
But, yes, we do hope/pray for the best, at his best he is very good.

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 01-10-2010 at 10:52 AM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Well, to summarize the article-- he is opposed to it.
Opposed to what? Resizing your browser window?
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #21
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post
http://atheism.about.com/b/2004/12/1...n-foxholes.htm
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #22
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorridRedDog View Post

"I am running Firefox and it does resize my browser window. Also it wants me to install a Windows Media 11 plugin that I don't want."

One of the worst viruses I have EVER had was due to my insistence that I didn't want or need the newest pulg-in.

But then learning sometimes comes along with great pain.
Must be a sign of the apocalypse!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Opposed to what? Resizing your browser window?
He's opposed to living with Alzheimer's. He's tried living with Alzheimer's, he's tried living without Alzheimer's, and overall he prefers the latter.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #24
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I thought he had passed away!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #25
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I thought he had passed away!
Not yet.

Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #26
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
What? Who?

Trolling a bit KennyC?

This is hardly a laughing matter anyway. I heard about Terry's condition a while back. It just goes to show you never know what's around the corner.
My thoughts are with him and his family. Wishing him all the best.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #27
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Trolling a bit KennyC?

This is hardly a laughing matter anyway. I heard about Terry's condition a while back. It just goes to show you never know what's around the corner.
My thoughts are with him and his family. Wishing him all the best.
Lighten up. I'm a firm believer in making the best of any situation. Humor is important. No the disease is not funny, and yes, I too have "remembering" issues and may just have the beginnings of the same thing. If you watched the videos or have done any research on the disease then you'll know there is very little real information as to it's origin and course. It's also been around far longer than it has had a name and if you're ever been around any number of older people you will have seen it or parts of it. Now, go read some comics, or maybe even some of his work, I understand there are some quite funny bits.

I do wish I had his money though.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 AM   #28
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Thanks for that!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #29
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Well...maybe not prayers, as Pratchett is an atheist.
So, to be consistent, he shouldn't pray-but that doesn't mean others shouldn't pray for him. (FWIW I'm an atheist/agnostic-depends on how I feel on a given day. One of my strongest beliefs though is that I shouldn't require others to follow *my* beliefs. If they believe in prayer, and want to pray for me, they should feel free to do so-without me (or anyone else) telling them that I don't believe in it. I'll do that only if they ask me to pray with them.)

Although I can't (won't) pray for him, I do wish him & his the very best of luck.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #30
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't go to this link. It will resize your browser window.
Although rude, why is this a problem? (Note: I haven't visited the site-I'm at work & videos are blocked.) I can certainly see the issue about installing the WMP 11 plug-in. (I have it & see no problem, but am fully aware that others have had different experiences with it.) But I don't see the problem with it resizing your window-you can resize it back, can't you? (No, you shouldn't have to-but if you can, then the site resizing it is rude rather than malicious. If it does something that makes you unable to resize it back, then that's malicious.)
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote