Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
iPad cover advice

Hi! I just ordered my iPad2 (actually my lovely fiancee bought it for me for my b-day!)

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations on covers. David bought the apple smart cover for his iPad2, but I didn't like it so much. I wanted something with more protection on the back. I did like the folding cover into a stand option and the cover that turns the thing off.

Just curious what covers the iPad2 owners on here are using.

TIA!

kat
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I love the Smart Cover for taking the iPad 2 around in my briefcase, for the stand part (both for reading/typing and for showing video on a table), and for the on/off switch thing.
But...I still don't like having it on when I hold it and read-it is just odd to have it folded on the back to me, so I just remove it. (I tried a couple cases for my iPad 1, and ended up returning them all-I prefer having just the iPad in hand in general)
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
It looks like you will want to wait a few months to get a cover you will like. So far I don't know of any cases that cover the back and will lock/unlock the ipad, but they are sure to pop up soon now that case manufactures know about the new features they can take advantage of.
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 AM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I have the Oberon-cover, the green 'Avenue of trees' for my iPad. It is a bit heavy, but so is the iPad. It's also very sturdy.
Has anyone heard of an Oberon-cover for the latest iPod Touch?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I have the Oberon-cover, the green 'Avenue of trees' for my iPad. It is a bit heavy, but so is the iPad. It's also very sturdy.
Has anyone heard of an Oberon-cover for the latest iPod Touch?

I have the Oberon cover for my iPad too and I love it, but it is not suitable for the new version. On their website, there is a notation that they are working on a design for the iPad2.

They also have covers for the iPod Touch....look under the section for smartphone covers.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey57 View Post
I have the Oberon cover for my iPad too and I love it, but it is not suitable for the new version. On their website, there is a notation that they are working on a design for the iPad2.

They also have covers for the iPod Touch....look under the section for smartphone covers.
Thanks, I will.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
lauralou
lauralou began at the beginning.

Device: none
I'm really liking the choice of Ipad 2 case styles they have there - there seems to be something for everyone

Hope this helps
lauralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
lauralou
lauralou began at the beginning.

Device: none
i like the ipad 2 case styles they have here - lots of choice which is good if you change your mind a lot like me

Hope this helps
lauralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #9
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
I bought a belkin neoprene sleeve for carrying my iPad in and to protect the back, a gelaskin decal. Cases are slowly starting to roll out for the new iPad and should being available in April.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote