Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Case recommendations

Hey gang. Just got my Kindle with Amazon's case. As I want to be able to throw the Kindle in my laptop knapsack (with 13.3" laptop) I was wondering what case config you recommend. I'm planning to get some programming books and so was looking at the Tuf Luv flip case (or M-Edge one) and because I've heard it fits, the belkin case. The idea being put the Kindle into the flip case and then into the Belkin.

Something else I was wondering: I've seen via Gear Diary something called the CaseMate Enlighten. Basically it is a leather bound case with a light up screen that you place over the Kindle. It looks good but can't seem to find it for sale yet.

that being said, what type of light would you all recommend?

Thanks for taking the time and Merry Christmas!
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
SammyWI
SammyWI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2, NookColor (rooted)
Are you using a Kindle 1 or 2? I think the M-edge top folding cover is only for the K2. Not sure about the Tuf Luv but it looks like it would cover more and maybe give a bit more protection.

I use the M-edge platform jacket for my Kindle 2 and I like it a lot.

http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindle2-platform.psp

I love that I can set it up to be self standing. Easy to install and remove. The cover is stiff giving the screen protection. The edges are open on three sides, but the cover sticks out farther than the Kindle giving some protection.

I tried the M-edge light and didn't care for it - not bright enough for me (YMMV). I use a Mighty Bright XtraFlex2 light now - brighter and easier to read by for my eyes.

Hope that helps.
SammyWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I too have the M-edge leather cover with the slide tab. I find that it fully protects my Kindle when I dump it in a bag with other stuff because of the padding and stiffness as Sammy mentioned. I do like the little M-edge light which fits beautifully in the cover, but it definitely dims as the battery gets old.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Sammy does the light you mention fit in the case for storage?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #5
SammyWI
SammyWI has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2, NookColor (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherslock View Post
Sammy does the light you mention fit in the case for storage?
No. The only light that will store in the M-edge case is the M-edge light. (That I know of.) The Mighty Bright uses 3 AAA batteries while the M-edge uses 1 AAA - to give you a idea of the relative sizes.

I found the M-edge light's method of attaching to the case nice for storing, but it is kind of limiting for use since the light only attaches at one point. The clip on lights (like the Mighty Bright) can be attached in a lot more locations.
SammyWI is offline   Reply With Quote