Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #25456
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Coffee, Black in a Mug, Tigger.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #25457
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water. Getting ready to take the toddler tohis first swim lesson.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #25458
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero. And lots of paperwork. And then more freelance work. Having an actual job (with 3-4 hours spent commuting each day) doesn't leave much time over!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #25459
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Water. Getting ready to take the toddler tohis first swim lesson.
Awesome. It is so important that they learn to swim at the earliest age as possible.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #25460
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
The food sounds great, but how's that affecting your weight loss programme?
Not in a very positive way, I'm afraid.... but it's not the regular food that is doing it. It's the ice cream every day and not enough walking. Also, the food tastes so good, (and it's so cheap,) and so varied that I want to taste everything so I order much more than I really need. I'm actually stuffing myself!

I found a photo that I took several years ago when we were living here. It was taken from the window of our apartment on the eve of the Thai New Year. It's not a very good photo, but it does show our NEW building! The streaks of light are hot air balloons drifting across the sky. On holidays the Thais send up thousands of these things!

And because it's Thailand, I'm drinking a Mango juice shake which isn't helping my diet either!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our-Building.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	107469  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #25461
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Not in a very positive way, I'm afraid.... but it's not the regular food that is doing it. It's the ice cream every day and not enough walking. Also, the food tastes so good, (and it's so cheap,) and so varied that I want to taste everything so I order much more than I really need. I'm actually stuffing myself!

I found a photo that I took several years ago when we were living here. It was taken from the window of our apartment on the eve of the Thai New Year. It's not a very good photo, but it does show our NEW building! The streaks of light are drifting across the sky. On holidays the Thais send up thousands of these things!

And because it's Thailand, I'm drinking a Mango juice shake which isn't helping my diet either!

Stitchawl
I understand that, because I ate a LOT of Thai food last night and ended with mango and sticky rice. I swear I almost licked the bowl it was so good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mango.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	107473  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #25462
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, I'm a man of leisure again, at least for a bit. If it's only a bit, I'll enjoy it.

Finishing up a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice as I head off to the farmer's market.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #25463
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I found a photo that I took several years ago when we were living here. It was taken from the window of our apartment on the eve of the Thai New Year. It's not a very good photo, but it does show our NEW building! The streaks of light are hot air balloons drifting across the sky. On holidays the Thais send up thousands of these things!
Stitchawl
Two years ago, on New Years eve, some friends brought one of these hot air balloons, to celebrate the New Year. They lighted it after we finished the fireworks......the balloon got stuck on the roof of my house.....I thought: this is the day I'll see my house burn down because of that thing......then it quietly drifted to the neighbour's roof......they were not amused......
All ended well, but with the wooden trims around the roofs and all, everybody had quite a scare.

In my cup: beer, white wine, red wine, coffee, red wine and now water. I went to some friends for dinner......

Last edited by desertblues; 06-29-2013 at 08:01 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #25464
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dream of a land my soul is from
I hear a hand stroke on a drum

Elegant boy
Beautiful girl
Dancing for joy
Elegant whirl
Shades of delight
Cocoa hue
Rich as the night
Afro blue

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRsAhg6rEsA )

Good morning, everyone! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! It's Sunday, so there will be a huge street market with several streets closed to traffic and lined shoulder to shoulder with vendors selling everything from fruit to nuts (literally,) clothing, carvings in wood, stone, bone, etc., every souvenir that a tourist could ever dream of, to say nothing of all the different foods that will be on offer! It starts around noon and runs until around 11pm. Today might be a good day for photos....

My Food Ladies take Sundays off, so I've bought some fresh croissants from the French bakery (damn, I missed good bakeries while I was living in Japan...) and along side a plate of mixed fruit, am being very Continental. I've paired those with some Dimlah "Ceylon High Mountain" tea for a very nice way to start the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I understand that, because I ate a LOT of Thai food last night and ended with mango and sticky rice. I swear I almost licked the bowl it was so good.
One of the treasures that have come out of Thailand successfully! Of course, almost anything with sweetened condensed milk over it tastes great! What other dishes did you eat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
......the balloon got stuck on the roof of my house.....I thought: this is the day I'll see my house burn down because of that thing......then it quietly drifted to the neighbour's roof......they were not amused......
Places DO burn down on every holiday here... But it doesn't seem to slow down the festivities. This is just ONE RELEASE in one city..... The releases go on steadily all night long in EVERY city. These balloons are called Kum Loy in Thai, and are released by people on EVERY holiday. but the biggest number are sent up on Loy Krathong, the Thai New Years.

Stitchawl
Old 06-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #25465
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
"One of the treasures that have come out of Thailand successfully! Of course, almost anything with sweetened condensed milk over it tastes great! What other dishes did you eat?"

I have no idea! A curry with potatoes and peanuts, a noodle dish, and a few appetizers, but not all of those were on the menu. This place gets high marks from my Thai niece. I was so stuffed.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #25466
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I have no idea! A curry with potatoes and peanuts, a noodle dish, and a few appetizers, but not all of those were on the menu. This place gets high marks from my Thai niece. I was so stuffed.
OK, I give up! I'll go get some magngo and sticky rice too.... It really is too good to pass up! On my first pleasure trip to Thailand back in '91 (excluding R&R back in '68) a girl I met on the beach said she had a friend who owned a restaurant... let's go there for dinner. Turned out to be a vendor cart with a couple of plastic tables and chairs around it (the 'norm' as I came to learn,) which was a far cry from what I used to call a restaurant. But I think the food from that vendor was better than anything I've ever eaten since, even at the Oriental Hotel in Bangkok, the first hotel in Thailand to rate 5 stars in the Micheline Guide.

It's time for an afternoon tea break before venturing into the Sunday Market chaos! "English Breakfast" iced will do just fine!

Stitchawl
Old 06-30-2013, 04:28 AM   #25467
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero in my cup. And a VAT return to complete.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #25468
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Coffee
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:08 AM   #25469
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Black coffee as I build up my resolve to go and mow the lawn...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #25470
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pepsi throwback
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?