Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Sangria colour and reading

Hi all,

New to the forum, and really hoping Santa pulls through this Christmas with a PRS-505. My question is this - do you find the Sangria to be distracting when you are reading?

Thanks,
January
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
taylork1
taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taylork1 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony reader 505
Love the Sangria

Not at all! I've read so many books on my 505 and couldn't imagine having any other color but sangria. People ask, "Hey, what's that?", but 505 owners probably get that question a lot regardless of the color of the Reader.

Enjoy!

k.
taylork1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 AM   #3
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Not much of a distraction for me; I started with a dark blue 505 which I handed down to my Dad a couple months so I could get a Sangria Red one before they disappeared. For me it's mostly a case of glancing away from the page and thinking "Ooohhh...... such a pretty red!"

It looks real nice in my old Dooney & Bourke red leather case too!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
Not at all. I love mine.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
JanuaryF
Connoisseur
JanuaryF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Red)
Thanks all! I love the red colour, and the silver is getting a bit more hard to find around here.
JanuaryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I thought it would be as well which is why I bought my first reader, the 505 in blue, and my 600 in black. When my beau broke my blue 505 I saw that as an opportunity to get that gorgeous sangria reader and say, "To heck with it!" From the first time I saw one in person my eyes make my mouth say, "Ooooooo...." It's one of the most gorgeous reds I've ever seen and although I love just looking at it, it's not distracting to my reading at all. If anything I think it gives energy to my reading. Instead of nodding off early, it seems to make me stay alert and more into what I'm reading.

It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm so glad I found a new one this late in it's production. I don't think I'll be lending this one to my beau since it'll be too hard to replace, but maybe my 600 since there are plenty of those, plus... if he breaks it, I'll have to check it out in red as a replacement.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I adore my Sangria Red 505 reader. It doesn't seem to be a distraction when reading at all. If I do notice the color, it is just to say to myself how beautiful the 505 is and how happy I am that I bought it and spent the extra money on eBay for the color. It was worth it!
One thing that surprised me is that the 505's screen is actually bigger than our Kindle2's screen. Love that large menu print.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote