Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

battery reset

I bought a new replacement battery for my trusty 350. (the original one from 2011 finally holds less than 2 days' charge on standby)

Despite overnight charging, the new battery seem to exhibit the same power characteristics of the one I just replaced: red charging light goes off after about 20 minutes. Although system shows full battery with 4 bars, it runs out of power in a few days. Even when mostly in standby.

I have tried soft reset; charging via official Sony AC adaptor;
charging via USB; turning off power saving do deplete and recharge.

When I left the device with auto power off disabled. It drains
from full to empty in less than 12 hours.

Is there a battery memory circuit that I need to reset after installing a new battery?

In addition to a hard reset, any other ideas?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I had the same problem. I changed the battery to my 350 and the company I bought it from said to let it discharge completely then let it recharge for like 10-12 hours or so a few times.

I've done this a few times and my battery is now lasting 5-6 days with a lot of reading.

With the original lasting maybe 2 days.

I'm hoping it gets better the more I do this.

Good luck with yours this is a great reader.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh and while charging at times I would still read it after a couple hours of charging. Get a 6-10ft cord so that it's long enough to read while charging.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #4
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Thank you for the tip, laughingdragons. I have been doing full shutdowns after each read lately.

Did you perform the _reset charge_ with USB or AC? In my case, the charging light goes out after about 20 minutes and it doesn't seem to come back without unplug and replug.

This forum is dying. With Sony pulled out of US and closing the bookstore, I wonder if it still makes sense to hoard another 350 or go pick up a T3. *Sigh*
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #5
laughingdragons
Groupie

If charging from a dead battery it should take longer. The light goes off once at 70 or 75% charged.

Are you letting it completely die before charging? That's what I'm doing. I keep reading until it shuts down on me from a completely dead battery.

I'm charging with a USB.
Advert
Old 05-09-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
laughingdragons
Groupie

I've got 2 350's. If the new battery route ends up working and you really like the 350 you might want to get another. I got my second one because I really like the reader.