Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
battery Apps for KFHD, do you pay?

Do you pay to keep ads away for the battery apps? Is it worth the fee? How do they make apps for free or even the low cost? I am new to android for forgive my silly question.

Gsam battery is one, and another is Battery HD.

I tried both free editions. But I think I am partial to Battery HD.

Has anyone bought an App from Amazon and not liked it and asked for and received a refund?

Thanks.

Last edited by new; 10-18-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: second question
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The price is decided by the developer, there's no real difference between free and paid, they just all have something different. Amazon will most likely give you a refund if you have a good reason.

You might have a look on the Google Play store for reviews, as there is most likely way more for every app.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I use BadA$$ Battery Monitor on mine. It's now called GSam, I like the old name better. I think it's the most accurate. The latest version though is Force closing on my KF when it wakes from sleep. I'll probably downgrade to an older version. I never had issues before this upgrade and it's a great app.

The paid version has many features the free one doesn't.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
What version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I use BadA$$ Battery Monitor on mine. It's now called GSam, I like the old name better. I think it's the most accurate. The latest version though is Force closing on my KF when it wakes from sleep. I'll probably downgrade to an older version. I never had issues before this upgrade and it's a great app.

The paid version has many features the free one doesn't.
I'm using version 2.19. What version do you have? I don't notice any force closing on mine.

The notes on the upgrade stated they would reset the numbers for WiFi usage. That is all.

I'm still using my Kindle Fire 1st Gen. My Fire HD 7" 32 Gb won't be delivered to me until next week.

If you had a forced close, was it with the 1st Gen or HD?
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I'm using version 2.19. What version do you have? I don't notice any force closing on mine.

The notes on the upgrade stated they would reset the numbers for WiFi usage. That is all.

I'm still using my Kindle Fire 1st Gen. My Fire HD 7" 32 Gb won't be delivered to me until next week.

If you had a forced close, was it with the 1st Gen or HD?
The Original KF. I'm not sure a Force close is the right word. It really just disappears. It the latest version. Not every time either it happens at random. And when I reopen it I get the what's new screen only after that happens.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Re-install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The Original KF. I'm not sure a Force close is the right word. It really just disappears. It the latest version. Not every time either it happens at random. And when I reopen it I get the what's new screen only after that happens.
Try to uninstall it and then re-install it. Maybe the upgrade had a bad download.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
I've used both the Gsam (aka Badass) battery monitor and "Battery HD." I prefer the latter on my KFHD and purchased the paid version mainly to reward the developer for an excellent app. The UI on the KFHD is excelllent; the calibration is extensive; and the estimated time available for various activities is largely accurate.

One of the features I like most is the fact that the app can be configured to overlay the Carousel UI when the battery is being charged. Since the KFHD lacks the illuminated power button indicating the state of charge, this provides a relatively good workaround for determining the exact state of the charge. And when the battery is full, the app announces the fact.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote