Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
kearnine
kearnine began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Need help w/very simple task: page of Word text > Kindle text I can share w/friends

I want to share a page of quotes I created in Word with some older non-techy friends as an "ebook" they can read using the Kindle apps on their mobile phones.

From the Kindle forum, I was directed to Calibre. I downloaded Calibre and have already spent hours figuring out that I needed to save the Word file in .htm format, then convert it (and add a photo for it's "cover") in Calibre. From what I can see in Calibre, I have the product I wanted.

The problem now is that I don't know how to share it with my friends. Do I use the "Save to disk" button, then email a file to them from my computer? If so, which option on that button? (The options have I tried on that button have led to confusing and unwanted results.) Or do I use the Connect/Share button, which completely mystifies me?

I am so frustrated that this seemingly simple task has become such a drawn-out complicated process. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you very much in advance ...

Last edited by kearnine; 10-17-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: removed unwanted emoticon; don't know how it got there in the 1st place
kearnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
kearnine
kearnine began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Through another hour of trial and error, I finally figured out how to email a kindle-ready file. Not using Calibre. So I no longer need any help.
kearnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert