Edit:
From Amazon the eLuminator 2 is:
Items: $24.99
Shipping & Handling: $21.30
Total: $46.29
*FAINTS* (yes, in capital letters)

From EreadersRus in Aussieland it's $34.95 plus postage = AUD39.50

Maybe I'll stick with what I've got.

Last edited by Katdragon; 07-14-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Katdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #32
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katdragon View Post
Thought this deserved a new post - otherwise you'd have to scroll through the previous one.

I've heard good reviews of the eLuminator by M-Edge. I don't have their cover, but if the light is worth it then I'm going to ask them if there's a way to fit it into the one that I have.
I really like the e-lumintor2 nice bright even light (for 5 or 6" devices) without size. Only one AAA required. The covers are very very nice if you are at all tempted. I have the executive in red and I really love it. Without the cover, you could still use the eluminator2 if you are at all creative and crafty. The light has a flat arm that protrudes from its base. You could craft a pocket to slide this arm into with a small square of some strong fabric and some tough thread or possibly even decent fabric glue.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #33
wizzard
The Reader
wizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watchwizzard is clearly one to watch

Device: Aura HD
Anyone have any experience with this one from Meritline? Or this one? I have generally had a so so experience with Meritline. Their prices are rock bottom though.
wizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #34
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
How big is the eLuminator 2? I want to be able to store it easily in my case

Edit:
From Amazon the eLuminator 2 is:
Items: $24.99
Shipping & Handling: $21.30
Total: $46.29
*FAINTS* (yes, in capital letters)

From EreadersRus in Aussieland it's $34.95 plus postage = AUD39.50

Maybe I'll stick with what I've got.
OUCH! I picked mine up in a Best Buy... It's a good light, but not worth $46!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #35
Katdragon
Connoisseur
Katdragon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo (currently out of commission), Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
Best Buy have it for AUD$22 but of course they don't ship overseas - and if they did the cost would be huge. Bah!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:15 PM   #36
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Best Buy have it for AUD$22 but of course they don't ship overseas - and if they did the cost would be huge. Bah!
M-edge sells directly from their website, but shipping would be the same... Maybe contact them and see if they have an Aussie distributor?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #37
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Quote:
M-edge sells directly from their website, but shipping would be the same... Maybe contact them and see if they have an Aussie distributor?
That's a great idea . I couldn't find anyone on Google here but asking them will be the best bet!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #38
Rich_D
Fanatic

Quote:
That's a great idea . I couldn't find anyone on Google here but asking them will be the best bet!
Glad I could help!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #39
Katdragon
Connoisseur

And the response:
Thank you for your interest in our products! Unfortunately I am not aware of any M-edge Retailer in Australia. You may want to try an online search for M-edge products in your area. International orders can be placed on our website, www.medgestore.com. The ship method you want to select is "Other International Standard". I do hope this information has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

*sigh*

I'm in two minds about getting another lamp. On one hand, the one I got from Borders is cheap (The MightyBright XtraFlex) but it -is- very awkward to carry around which kinda kills the purpose of wandering about with my Kobo
Old 07-16-2010, 02:58 AM   #40
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
especially as not a single book light is worth more than $5.00 anyway...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #41
Rich_D
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
especially as not a single book light is worth more than $5.00 anyway...
In my experience, the $5.00 ones aren't worth even that much but the more expensive ones are worth every penny.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:43 AM   #42
whiz16
whiz16 began at the beginning.

Device: sony
try the energiser booklite not sure abt aussie but it sells in all the places that sells energiser batterys. it lights up the whole reader + surroundings very brightly until ~15+hours in , then it gets dim and jus cover the book area.

should last around 30hrs according to the site but i generally change it way before.
whiz16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:13 AM   #43
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
I just saw on smiggle's online store that they have "booklights" I wonder if they might just work for being a cheapo.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #44
Katdragon
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrial View Post
I just saw on smiggle's online store that they have "booklights" I wonder if they might just work for being a cheapo.
My mum actually bought one of these for a friend interstate but forgot them at home. The clip is so skinny that it broke when I tried to fit it over my case. I have a spare so I'll test that out.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #45
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... Mighty Bright XtraFlex 2 ...

That was my FIRST purchase, too. But slap that sucker on the top of an eReader and hold it for an hour, and it gets heavy ...

I broke my OWN rule (purchase a lamp that uses commonly-available AA or AAA alkaline cells) and snagged a Barnes&Noble nook light. Uses two 2032 batteries - easy to find in the U.S. Photos at ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford#...&bgcolor=black

It is lighter (pun intended) and I am using it now instead of the MightyLight.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote