Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Author field update and author sort

When updating the author in the main panel by clicking on the field, I am under the impression, perhaps mistaken, that the "author sort" field is also updated. I noticed occurances where the author sort field shows green yet the author field is in mixed case and the author sort field is in upper case. Pressing the "update author sort" button in the "edit metadata" panel changes the author sort case to match the author case.

Perhaps intended, perhaps not - I thought I would mention it.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
When updating the author in the main panel by clicking on the field, I am under the impression, perhaps mistaken, that the "author sort" field is also updated. I noticed occurances where the author sort field shows green yet the author field is in mixed case and the author sort field is in upper case. Pressing the "update author sort" button in the "edit metadata" panel changes the author sort case to match the author case.

Perhaps intended, perhaps not - I thought I would mention it.
If you can't see both, the Calibre assumes you want it done (updated) when you make a change to that value.
When you see it, You get the control (work )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you can't see both, the Calibre assumes you want it done (updated) when you make a change to that value.
When you see it, You get the control (work )
Hi Ducks. That's what I was thinking. Except if the only difference is that the author sort is in all caps, then it won't make the update to make the case match.

MARK TWAIN
TWAIN, MARK

When you update the first using the field update, I get

Mark Twain
TWAIN, MARK

I would prefer it also updated the case in author sort, but it doesn't seem to.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by derangedhermit View Post
Hi Ducks. That's what I was thinking. Except if the only difference is that the author sort is in all caps, then it won't make the update to make the case match.

MARK TWAIN
TWAIN, MARK

When you update the first using the field update, I get

Mark Twain
TWAIN, MARK

I would prefer it also updated the case in author sort, but it doesn't seem to.
You can right-click on the sort and select Titlecase..
But I don't ever remember seeing a case where 'setting' the Author sort, did not follow the case of the Authors field
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
derangedhermit
Addict

I'll see if I can create a reproducible case.
Advert