Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Question Any way to fix mobile broadband support?

I see there's been a lot of talk about custom builds and bugfixes for Ermine recently. Does any one of them address the fault in Ermine that prevents the eDGes from connecting via 3G USB modems? Particularly on the full-size EE.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
Triskalleon
Enthusiast
Triskalleon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I don't know if this will help at all, but I've been looking at other Froyo tablets. The ones that I've seen demonstrated with USB modems on YouTube all seem to have a "3G" icon for the settings. I don't know if that's added on or part of Android, but it's absent on the Edge.

Also, Ermine's mobile broadband utility on the Pocket Edge won't save unless an APN is entered. Verizon doesn't use one.
Triskalleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
having same android hardware like ours you should try this http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/...-2-2-a-17.html
hopefully somebody will integrate?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #4
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
vicinc, do you mean I should disable the emulation CDROM? That was the first thing I did. The point is 3G USB sticks with disabled CDROM emulation worked perfectly on Dingo, but not on Ermine.
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
The point is 3G USB sticks with disabled CDROM emulation worked perfectly on Dingo, but not on Ermine.
That's one of the reasons Dingo is full-blown release and Ermine is beta.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
any luck of grabbing from the panther blue rom what is needed to work?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3g usb modem, ermine, mobile broadband