Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
alexibm
alexibm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Can Reader read .djvu?

Hi !
I am planning to buy new Sony reader to read Physics/Mathematics books , and all those books I have are in .djvu format.
Can Sony Reader "read" .djvu ?
Thanks !
alexibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
No. I also do not know of a converter that inputs DJVU and outputs anything that the Reader can read.

I am sure that there are some out there somewhere because I have a number of images of the Harvard Classics from the University of Toronto in DJVU format and the resultant text extracts from these volumes. Somebody else did the conversions but I do not know what tool they used.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
None of the current readers will read djvu. Sorry.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:41 AM   #4
alexibm

I goggled prior to posting.
It looks like old model was able to read .djvu !
http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive...1_for_the.html

Sucks
Old 07-03-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
alexibm

aggggghhhhhh

prior to posting I have done a little search myself
http://www.djvu.org/news/index.php?s...67200&archive=
Advert
Old 07-03-2007, 02:24 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
i think pdfread converts djvu to lrf, but I'm not sure.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It looks like the iRex iLiad can read djvu files with an add in. There is a thread about it in the iRex forum someplace.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 AM   #8
MosFet
MosFet has learned how to buy an e-book online

The 2.5.1 RasterFarian annunced version should include a djvu converter...

We are waiting patiently.

Does anyone have some news on the argument?
MosFet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #9
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Kovidgoyal is right, PDFRead does support DJVU, but that's a conversion process that has to be done on the PC (and not a native reader).
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What is "djvu"? I thought I was pretty familiar with eBook formats, but that's a new one on me!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:55 AM   #11
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
It's a format for storing scanned images, very efficient for text content. Pretty thick books can be stored in a few megabytes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DjVu
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #12
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
The future is now
-> http://ebookapplications.com/
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:48 AM   #13
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
No. I also do not know of a converter that inputs DJVU and outputs anything that the Reader can read.

I am sure that there are some out there somewhere because I have a number of images of the Harvard Classics from the University of Toronto in DJVU format and the resultant text extracts from these volumes. Somebody else did the conversions but I do not know what tool they used.
Both pdfread and pdflrf convert djvu to lrf.

Also djvu can be converted to pdf using a standalone app or printing to a virtual pdf printer.

Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:26 AM   #14
ab7vf
Enthusiast
ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ab7vf has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: dxg and newfound Icarus 8
djview4 (google is your friend) works for me for converting djvu to pdf ... mostly just point and click
ab7vf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:53 AM   #15
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
The latest update to Stanza adds djvu support as well as iPad support. The best iDevice e-reader just got even better.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote