Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #376
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scdill View Post
What do you use for the url? I have been trying for weeks to get Cool Reader to work with my nooks and I cannot. I have used several different releases including the latest (cr3.0.53-18.apk). I have tried 192.168.X.X:8080 , 192.168.X.X:8080/OPDS , with and without the preceeding http:// and several other variations (my server being at 192.168.X.X and calibre using default port 8080). I have no trouble using Aldiko.
Sorry, my bad. I used calibre2opds and it appeared to work fine. Since I was without my laptop, I assumed that it would also work the same way for the content server.

Mantano reader had the same issue a few weeks ago when they first offered custom catalogs but their latest update fixed it.
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #377
ullrich
ullrich began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Sync would be the killer feature

Much to my amazement there is no open ebook solution that enables sync of books and bookmarks across devices.
Yes, you have Kindle and Google Books, but they don't offer sync for custom books.
Aldiko with the add-on Aldiko Sync comes close, but it does not sync annotations/bookmarks.
ullrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:07 AM   #378
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
First of all, I use a Sony PRS-T1 and it's really cool reading with CoolReader.
I love this app!!!!!!

2 things:
1) Where can I get the actual changelog for a version?
2) Where do I have to put an idea/new feature?
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #379
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
First of all, I use a Sony PRS-T1 and it's really cool reading with CoolReader.
I love this app!!!!!!

2 things:
1) Where can I get the actual changelog for a version?
2) Where do I have to put an idea/new feature?
The best way would be to look at its commit log in sourceforge

http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...gine;a=summary

You can put an idea or new feature request on its sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #380
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
The best way would be to look at its commit log in sourceforge

http://crengine.git.sourceforge.net/...gine;a=summary

You can put an idea or new feature request on its sourceforge
http://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/
Thanks - good to know.
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #381
persichini
persichini began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note2
Nook Simple Touch resumes on wrong page

I've noticed that when ever i stop reading walk away and come back when i unlock the nook the page its on is 1-2 pages behind the page i was last reading.. its almost like its only saving the position every 2-3 pages... and not the page your actually on. Is this a common issue? also i noticed that every time the reader opens wither its from the lock screen or the app drawer it has to format document. Do i have some setting screwed up or is this just how it works?
persichini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:24 PM   #382
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by persichini View Post
I've noticed that when ever i stop reading walk away and come back when i unlock the nook the page its on is 1-2 pages behind the page i was last reading.. its almost like its only saving the position every 2-3 pages... and not the page your actually on. Is this a common issue? also i noticed that every time the reader opens wither its from the lock screen or the app drawer it has to format document. Do i have some setting screwed up or is this just how it works?
It starting from 1 or 2 pages from where you left of is how it works.
But opening from the app drawer or lockscreen it does not have to format document are you using a taskmanager maybe it is closing coolreader so it has to start everytime or you have to many other app running and coolreader is the first app that is closed when android look for memory
I have set the book icon on the top of the screen that normally opens nook reader to open coolreader so just use that to go back to it from another app no need to exit an app etc
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #383
scdill
scdill began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by persichini View Post
My nook touch did about the same. When the display first came on it was correct, then it reformatted and backed up one page -- almost every time. What seems to have taken care of the problem is changing to "Full Screen" in Cool Reader's options. I think I like the status area better in full screen also. I am running version 3.0.54-3.
scdill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #384
persichini
persichini began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scdill View Post
My nook touch did about the same. When the display first came on it was correct, then it reformatted and backed up one page -- almost every time. What seems to have taken care of the problem is changing to "Full Screen" in Cool Reader's options. I think I like the status area better in full screen also. I am running version 3.0.54-3.
Full screen would be a great option if i could figure out how to get the time to display in the 12hr format...

I have no taskmanager running... and the only thing i do on my nook is read... so there shouldn't be other apps eating the ram.
persichini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:52 AM   #385
Soul_Est
Gadgetic Young Man
Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BlackBerry Z30, Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
@salines

Now you're making me want to go get myself a PRS-T1 and root it! It would definitely be easier to sync my reading progress between it and my Urushi if I had CoolReader and synced the cache and database files between them. The fact that it's going for $50.00 off where I am makes it all the more tempting.
Soul_Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:38 PM   #386
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Anybody notice that the screen is upside down in sensor orientation? Turn it one way and the screen is upside down. Turn it around and the screen still is upside down. Weird.

Regards - John

NOTE: I first noticed this on cr3.0.54-3

Last edited by Jabby; 12-13-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: added note
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #387
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullrich View Post
Much to my amazement there is no open ebook solution that enables sync of books and bookmarks across devices.
Yes, you have Kindle and Google Books, but they don't offer sync for custom books.
Aldiko with the add-on Aldiko Sync comes close, but it does not sync annotations/bookmarks.
I'm planning to implement reading position and bookmarks sync feature (between CoolReader instances on different devices, and on desktop) based on DropBox.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #388
Eskarina
Zealot
Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.Eskarina goes to eleven.

Device: NOOKColor (sdCM7), Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
I'm planning to implement reading position and bookmarks sync feature (between CoolReader instances on different devices, and on desktop) based on DropBox.

This would be fantastic. Cool reader was the first reading app that I bought and it's only gotten better with each iteration. Thank you for such a great app.

Much K for you!
Eskarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #389
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
I"m using Cool Reader on a CM7 SD rooted Nook Color. I loaded it from android market, and read 3 or 4 epub books. Worked really well, and has become my favorite epub book reader....

A few days ago, my wife (who has an identical Nook Color, rooted in exactly the same way), complained that Cool Reader wouldn't load one of her epub books. So, I tried a couple of my upcoming reads, and indeed, some would not load. They'll load in Aldiko and Moon Reader, but Cool Reader just hangs.

I rebooted, uninstalled Cool Reader, deleted the folder with the settings, re-downloaded and installed, still exactly the same problem. I killed every task I could, trying to free up memory in case it was a memory problem. No difference. Some epubs load quickly, others don't load at all.

Went out to sourceforge and grabbed version 3-0-45-07. Installed fine, and ALL the epubs I've tried load fine. My "menu" button didn't work any more, but I could get into the menu by pressing the middle of the screen. BUT, with 3-0-45-7, changes from user options took a "Next Page" and approximately 35 seconds to reformat the book. Page turns were fine, but changes to the options took a VERY long time.

SO, went back to the market and downloaded 3.0.54-09 from the market, updated, and it failed trying to load the book I was reading, which was one that wouldn't load previously. With this (current) version, it won't load now.

SO, I went back to sourceforge and started the "brute force and massive ignorance" method of finding the last version that worked... Having tried every major version from 3-45 through 3-54, I finally got it down to 3.0.49-07 works fine, 3.0.49-08 will NOT LOAD SOME EPUB BOOKS.

So, at the moment I appear to be stuck using 3.0.49-07. Is there some change I need to make - library? font? something else? to get back to a current working version that'll reliably load all my epub books?

Last edited by dkperez; 12-14-2011 at 05:56 PM.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:50 PM   #390
dkperez
Groupie
dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dkperez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nine
deleted

Last edited by dkperez; 12-14-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Incorporated into first post.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader