Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Another Freebie: The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey [OFFER ENDED]

On Sony (not sure if elsewhere)

Quote:
These are the secrets I have kept. This is the trust I never betrayed.

But he is dead now and has been for more than forty years, the one who gave me his trust, the one for whom I kept these secrets.

The one who saved me...and the one who cursed me.

So begins the journal of Will Henry, orphaned assistant to Dr. Pellinore War throp, a man with a most unusual specialty: monstrumology, the study of monsters. In his time with the doctor, Will has met many a mysterious late-night visitor, and seen things he never imagined were real. But when a grave robber comes calling in the middle of the night with a grueso me find, he brings with him their most deadly case yet.

Critically acclaimed author Rick Yancey has written a gothic tour de force that explores the darkest heart of man and monster and asks the question: When does a man become the very thing he hunts?
I haven't been picking up as many freebies lately since my TBR pile is huge, but I think I'll grab this one

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/ric...strumologist_2

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-09-2010 at 06:42 AM.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A BIG thank you for this one. This is my kind of book.

I now have it for my Sony.

Amazon still lists this one at $9.99

This is apparently a brand new book. Fictionwise is showing a pre-order status for today (this morning).

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

No prob It shows that it's free for a limited time, so make sure if you want it grab it up people!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
lilac_jive probably already reported on these other 2 freebies from the Sony ebook store (she's usually first to find and report these things,) but I didn't see it anywhere, so here goes . . .

Urge to Kill
by John Lutz

and . . .

According to Jane
by Marilyn Brant

I apologize if it's already posted somewhere.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
lilac_jive probably already reported on these other 2 freebies from the Sony ebook store (she's usually first to find and report these things,) but I didn't see it anywhere, so here goes . . .

Urge to Kill
by John Lutz

and . . .

According to Jane
by Marilyn Brant

I apologize if it's already posted somewhere.
You bet I did! Never anything wrong with posting it in lots of places though so no one misses them!
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Got it, thanks
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
bavardage
Enthusiast
bavardage began at the beginning.

Device: none
FUUUU
This is only available to North American sony owners

Why do us europeans never get any freebies?
Makes me sad.
bavardage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Thanks!!! My TBR stack is evergrowing!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
thanks for the heads up on these freebies!!!!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 AM   #10
candytx
Enthusiast
candytx doesn't littercandytx doesn't litter

Device: K2
This is on Kindle now too... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OTKEKQ
candytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
From Publishers Weekly:

"Yancey keeps the shocks frequent and shrouded in a splattery miasma of blood, bone, pus, and maggots."

Now, I ask you: Isn't that a lot better than a house full of felines rubbing up against your legs and whining for food, and getting fur in your nostrils, and changing the litter box once every three months?

Give me a maggot or two and throw in some pus, and I'm all yours, BABY!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-23-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavardage View Post
FUUUU
This is only available to North American sony owners

Why do us europeans never get any freebies?
Makes me sad.
Not only sad, but actually quite upset. I fail to see why it couldn't be available worldwide. Even if I don't own a Sony, stuff like this doesn't really entice me to buy one either.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #13
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
From Publishers Weekly:

"Yancey keeps the shocks frequent and shrouded in a splattery miasma of blood, bone, pus, and maggots."

Now, I ask you: Isn't that a lot better than a house full of felines rubbing up against your legs and whining for food?

Don

Except for the blood, bone, pus, and maggots parts, yeh.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #14
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I'm almost finished - it's a very good book.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:38 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm only 5 chapters in but I'm really enjoying this book. Scary.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote