Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Interview with Liz Carlyle -writing tips

Hi All.
November sees Liz Carlyle, the renowned period romance novelist nominated as Directebooks.com Author of the Month.

She was delighted to accept and she took the time to give us the interview below.

We found her to be one of the more open and progressive authors we have spoken to in recent times, embracing the online and digital revolution in literature. She also has some great advice for budding authors! Part of the interview is below with the rest available on our site here - http://www.directebooks.com/

LC - It is an honor to be author of the month at Direct E-Books, and to have the chance to “talk” with my readers in Ireland. Thank you all so much.

Directebooks-When did you decide to become an author and why did you choose to write romance? What do you like the most about writing romance novels?

I have always loved writing, and was a journalism major in college. But I didn’t start writing fiction until 1997, on a whim when I was between jobs. I had been in corporate management for almost twenty years, and really didn’t expect to sell the book, or to make a living at writing, so my career change came as a shock to me. What I like best about my new career is that I no longer have to wear suits and stockings, or put on make-up. And the high heels—oh, the knees really appreciate forgoing the high heels.

-What is a typical day for you when you’re working on a novel?

Well, first I drink a lot of coffee and read the New York Times. Then I play with my cats. Then I drink more coffee and pretend to clean the house. Then I have lunch, and feed the cats. Then I go upstairs to my office, and read email and play with my cats. Eventually, I write a little something. Then I go back downstairs, and cook dinner for my husband. After dinner, he takes all the cats with him, and goes to bed. If I am on deadline, I will go back to the office and write a little more. If not, I go to bed, too! Well, maybe it’s not quite that bad, but I do tend to procrastinate a bit.

-Where do you get ideas for your stories? Do you ever use personal experiences when writing your stories?

http://www.directebooks.com/

Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote