Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM   #16
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Hey, don't work too hard to calm him down. I'm not exactly getting overwhelmed with enthusiasm for this project from any other quarters, y'know.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Hey, don't work too hard to calm him down. I'm not exactly getting overwhelmed with enthusiasm for this project from any other quarters, y'know.
See other thread on my preferred medication administration method. Like the packet says "MAY CAUSE UNEXPECTED SIDE EFFECTS".

Cheers,
Marc ("100g of ground Tasmanian Devil adrenal gland" - that's the right dosage, yes?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2008, 01:11 AM   #18
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I believe I have awoken in Ninja Heaven! Who would not want to be assassinated by such a stealthily sexy team!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #19
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Well, I'd love to see your manga too, nekokami-sama
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The next page is now up. Read all four pages here. You'll need to register, due to some mildly controversial subject matter coming up in the storyline. Eventually (when I've completed enough pages) there will be offline readable versions as well.

I might be able to get another page done tonight. This last page had some nasty tricks in getting the puddle reflection to work right, and I'm still not completely satisfied with the final result. (I use DAZ Studio to generate images and Manga Studio for page layout and lettering, with occasional ventures into Cararra for landscape and 3d modeling, in case anyone is wondering.) But there's nothing too complicated about the next few pages, and the dialogue script is already complete for the whole chapter (plus several chapters to come).

Which means (for those of you who have completely fixated on only one aspect of this manga) that the ninja will probably show up before the end of the weekend.
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #21
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Just checked out your ArtZone blog. Wonderful stuff!

Ninjas and Elemental Warriors!! Sexy Sexy Sexy!

I like the stick figure storyboards too! ...But they aren't as sexy.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #22
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Thanks for the kind remarks! Hopefully the "finished" pages are a few steps up from the stick figure sketches, anyway... the look isn't quite as polished as I'd like, yet. I'm still figuring out how to manage image resolution and conversion between the different applications I'm using.

Sorry the ninja still aren't "on set" yet. I got held up a bit creating a 3-d model of a mobius strip and researching the historical origins of pikorua. And I have to admit, they'll only be glimpsed in this chapter, but they'll get some chapters of their own, eventually.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #23
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Very nice work, Neko - I envy your talent.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #24
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

aw.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #25
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Some folks have reported that even after logging in at ArtZone, they still can't see all the pages. I've uploaded the manga pages in an alternate location so folks should be able to see all of them. (I'm up to 6 pages now!) It's not an ideal format, but there are no restrictions or membership requirements, anyway.

http://zigraphix.com/drupal-5.2/image/tid/189

If you feel an overwhelming urge to read about my manga-themed storytelling card game as well, you can do that at the same site.

Tags
duck!