Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #61
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Welcome to MobileRead tali3sin! You did exactly the correct thing by adding your email coupon to the Wiki. As for how fast things move... I think I am at 9/10 referrals now, so should be getting my notification soon.
Since I'm currently at the top of the list, as soon as I get my notification I'll let you all know and take my email off the list.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:20 AM   #62
tali3sin
Connoisseur
tali3sin began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Magic
Thanks for the welcome, and assurance

Glad to know I didn't get it all backwards somehow.

9/10! Go you! Still, how long did it take for that to be the case?
Can you tell I'm way too eager, way too hopeful?

Ooh, and another question while I'm at it. How do I keep track of my referral purchases? In fact, should I have received an email from the BeBook people (peter at bebook, whichever it is that you contact) in response to my "sign up" at all?
Actually, maybe I should be asking this over there

Last edited by tali3sin; 02-16-2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Why make two posts, when I can have one? :D
tali3sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #63
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Hi tali3sin, you should have received an email from Peter saying that your email was ready to be used as a coupon, until that happens it won't work. You may want to follow up with Peter, perhaps from a different email address, to confirm that your email is now an active coupon.

As far as how long it takes to get the referrals, my email was activated at the beginning of November and I created the Wiki coupon list on November 30th, so it hasn't taken that long to get close to 10 referrals.

One thing to note, with the current price drop those paying in US Dollars aren't able to use the coupons at all. This was confirmed by BeBook Support on their Support Forum Feb 13th:
Quote:
Hereby we confirm that due to price drop, coupons are no longer valid for those who pay in dollars. For those who pay in euros or AUSD the discount coupon can still be used.
Since the price drop is showing as "temporary" on the homepage, I would assume that the coupons will be active for everyone again when the price goes back to normal.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #64
tali3sin
Connoisseur
tali3sin began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Magic
Thanks Justy, I'll contact them again (and from multiple addresses)

Unfortunately for me, I've already handed out the address - whoops, over excitement. Presumably no one has tried to use it yet though, better let them know

And hurray! Glad to hear that the list moves!
Also, congrats on getting so close - hope it works out for you sooner rather than later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
Hi tali3sin, you should have received an email from Peter saying that your email was ready to be used as a coupon, until that happens it won't work. You may want to follow up with Peter, perhaps from a different email address, to confirm that your email is now an active coupon.

As far as how long it takes to get the referrals, my email was activated at the beginning of November and I created the Wiki coupon list on November 30th, so it hasn't taken that long to get close to 10 referrals.

One thing to note, with the current price drop those paying in US Dollars aren't able to use the coupons at all. This was confirmed by BeBook Support on their Support Forum Feb 13th:

Since the price drop is showing as "temporary" on the homepage, I would assume that the coupons will be active for everyone again when the price goes back to normal.
tali3sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #65
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Well, that's not nice. Do you still get credit for a sale if someone uses your email address and buys in US $. I think you should.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #66
Justy
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Well, that's not nice. Do you still get credit for a sale if someone uses your email address and buys in US $. I think you should.
That would be nice, but since the coupon isn't valid for those using US $, they don't even put in an option to enter the 'referring email.' I guess everyone has to spend Euro's now.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 PM   #67
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That would be nice, but since the coupon isn't valid for those using US $, they don't even put in an option to enter the 'referring email.' I guess everyone has to spend Euro's now.
You should email them back right away. They used to give a discount and credit you with a sale. Now they don't give a discount, but should still credit you with a referal. Heck, they are making more money on the sale now too.

BOb
Old 03-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #68
Justy
Fanatic

I just got confirmation that I have reached my 10 referrals! Therefore my email coupon has been removed from the Wiki to make room for the next on the list.

Thanks Everyone!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #69
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
What good news, Justy!
I'm glad that you got your device: it seems only fair, given that you have organised the referral scheme so well.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #70
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I just got confirmation that I have reached my 10 referrals! Therefore my email coupon has been removed from the Wiki to make room for the next on the list.

Thanks Everyone!
Congrats. Will this be your first, second or are you getting a refund?

BOb
Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #71
Justy
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Congrats. Will this be your first, second or are you getting a refund?
This will be my first BeBook, and my second dedicated eBook reader. Hopefully it arrives ok, I just got the notification that of reaching the required referrals not any notification of shipment. I'm sure it will all be fine though, and wanted to make room for the next person on the list in any case.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #72
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Congratulations, Justy! Enjoy your BeBook. I'm the next person on the list, so I hope I'll be joining you soon!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #73
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Good luck, Moe.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #74
snipenekkid
Banned
snipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensionssnipenekkid can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

since Bebook accepts Paypal and as Paypal allos members to carry funds in a number of curriencies, then there is no reason the buyer cannot convert funds into euros then pay Bebook in euros. I know Payal charges a small fee but if folks would do that to help others get a device it would still be possible for someone who wants or needs one.

Just a thought to make every purchase count for people.
snipenekkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #75
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Congrats Justy. Enjoy.

I've got 7 referrals at last count. Things have really slowed since they discontinued the discount for people paying in USD.

I still think they should accept it as a referral if someone were to use my email, even if the person is not eligible for a discount, but they don't want to do that.

Hopefully just a matter of time before I rustle up 3 more.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote