Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
boyledm
boyledm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Nook WiFi or Kindle WiFi

For starters i do not purchase books very much at all. I recently found out that some e readers allow downloading ebooks from my public library for free. I also learned that the some of the readers offer free books. The other feature i would like is to have an e reader with the capability of reading to me out loud. Does anyone have any advice or insight as to which one would be better for me? Nook WiFi or Kindle WiFi?
boyledm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Well...

Kindle is adding library book access through Overdrive (the primary supplier to libraries) sometime this year, but as of right now does not have it as a feature.

Both have various free books offered all the time.

The Nook does not have a text to speech (read out loud) feature at all.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
boyledm
boyledm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank You

Do you know if the kindle 3 Wifi can read books aloud?
boyledm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyledm View Post
Do you know if the kindle 3 Wifi can read books aloud?
If they are DRM free or if a DRM'd book has text to speech enabled then yes, it can.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:45 AM   #5
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The K3 has text to speech and I believe that now includes TTS on the menus as well as the books.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help deciding, kindle wifi, needs advice, new user, nook wifi