Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
keegon
keegon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Searching Function Question

Ok, so I just want to skip around a well read book to my favorite chapters, but I can't seem to be able to do that with the ones I have loaded on my kindle. I've searched by the chapter's name (it usually appears at the beginning of each), but it won't find it. Any possible way to fix this? Or am I just going about it wrong?
keegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
How long ago did you load the books onto your Kindle? It takes some time for the books to be indexed so that you can search them. The more books you load the longer it takes to index.

Wait and try again. I don't know how long you'll need to wait.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Look at the progress bar at the bottom of your screen to see if your book supports chapter jumps (little dots or short lines along the bar) - if so you can use your controller to jump between chapters. Not all books are formatted this way.

If not - and if you have favorite books you constantly go back to - mark each chapter with a bookmark - which will allow you to access individual chapters.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:47 AM   #4
keegon
keegon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I waited awhile and it allowed me to search. Thanks for the tips!
keegon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
My books load almost instant. I don't think that that's the problem here...
Books load instantly but don't become indexed (search-able) instantly. The time is takes varies depending on how many books were loaded at one time, how big those books are, how much room you have on your Kindle, if your Kindle has enough power to run the indexing program. It's usually pretty fast but not instant.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert