Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-01-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Chirishman
Chirishman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Audiobook Chaptering

I've got my own non-drmed audiobooks and i want to listen to them with my kindle but it's impossible to skip around in an audiobook when i can only move in thirty second increments. I've tried adding chapters to it with this but it didn't seem to work. Anyone know anything that does or how to skip around better?
Chirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:48 PM   #2
Chirishman
Chirishman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
So I actually figured out how to properly add chapters to audiobooks almost exactly ten years later. In case anyone happens to come across this thread while googling, I did a full step-by-step guide: https://blog.chiriserv.org/Advanced-...ok-Generation/
Chirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2023, 11:39 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirishman View Post
So I actually figured out how to properly add chapters to audiobooks almost exactly ten years later. In case anyone happens to come across this thread while googling, I did a full step-by-step guide: https://blog.chiriserv.org/Advanced-...ok-Generation/
I'm impressed, but do these work on modern Kindles? Officially they only support AAX (Audible), not M4A. But I've never tried the latter.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 11:45 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I know, its not Kindle related, but maybe someone might find it interesting...

https://kodi.wiki/view/Audiobooks
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote