Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
rockster
Enthusiast
rockster began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
How to remove cover image from .mobi file?

How to remove/delete cover image from .mobi file?

Thanks!
rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
rockster
Enthusiast
rockster began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
My cover images are not showing on my Kindle for PC when in "Library view". I found that if i add cover image to file that doesn't have cover image at all then the cover is shown in Library view. But if the mobi file has a cover image and i only try to change it it doesn't show the cover. So, if i want to make the cover visible i have to delete the old cover image and then add the new image but i can't find way to delete the old cover image.

Does anyone can help me with this?
rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
K4PC doesn't always (if ever, any more) use the internal metadata cover-image for its library display. It downloads and stores a local copy of the cover image when purchasing/downloading Amazon content. I'll be honest... I don't know if it's possible any more to "roll your own" MOBIs and have K4PC display the cover. It seems as though it's tied to the official Amazon purchase/download process. Somebody might have figured out how to hack K4PCs db and get it to work, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote