Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
Jumping back to page 1

My 12-year-old daughter has recently appropriated my wife's Kindle 3 (she doesn't know that her grandparents bought her a Kindle Fire for her birthday...). Anyway, she's been complaining over the last few days that somehow the book jumps back to page 1 and she loses her place. Any idea why this might be happening? Any idea how she can quickly get back to where she was in the book?

(Hey, I'm a Sony/iPad guy...)
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The three things I would suspect are (a) she is turning the Kindle off vs. letting it sleep, (b) the book file is corrupt or (c) a software glitch.

First thing I would do is restart:

Home
Menu
Settings
Menu
Restart
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
My k3 occasionally does that to me. I just put a bookmark where I left off reading, and remove the bookmark when I start reading again. 90% of the time, I don't need this, but when I do, it's nice to have it.

(Rather than jumping back to page 1, what I find more often happens is that when I turn the Kindle on again, I'm at the home page, and have to remember which book I was reading!)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #4
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
My k3 occasionally does that to me. I just put a bookmark where I left off reading, and remove the bookmark when I start reading again. 90% of the time, I don't need this, but when I do, it's nice to have it.

(Rather than jumping back to page 1, what I find more often happens is that when I turn the Kindle on again, I'm at the home page, and have to remember which book I was reading!)
If you keep your home page in "most recent first" order, the book you were reading is on the top of the home page.

If you go to the home page when you are finished reading, that forces the kindle to remember where you are in the book. Sometimes some kindles forget where they are in a book if it goes to sleep inside the book. That used to happen to me until I read about going to the home page.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If you keep your home page in "most recent first" order, the book you were reading is on the top of the home page.
I didn't realize I could sort differently within a collection - just noticed that. This will help a lot. Thanks!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote