Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
clownhandy
clownhandy began at the beginning.

Device: Velocity Cruz
Hi! New e-reader & issues

Hi!
I purchased a Velocity Cruz and became very frustrated navigating it and purchasing from Borders. I had very long waits [/B]getting customer service "experts" with both Velocity and Borders, only to be told by their "experts" couldn't help me. I was unable to get my e-mail from the icon, couldn't delete duplicate and unwanted items. from Borders couldn't get the book I ordered, and forget trying to get a credit or refund! Wven their surpervisor was clueless. Needless to say, I was so frustrated I returned it! Can anyone tell me what e-reader is better than this one please! I loved being able to read what books I could get, wi-fi, etc! It's the "simple" things that should have been obvious no one could tell me how to do on this Cruz. Very dissapointed in Borders and Velocity.
clownhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
jjk308
jjk308 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 3G
I've never been disappointed in my (wife's) Nook. It even recovered and downloaded a book my granddaughter bought when it was out of Wifi range. Happened automatically as soon as we got wifi reception.
Barnes and Noble even gave classes on using it at their store, but for me it was almost intuitive.
jjk308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi clownhandy and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to MobileRead. I'm sorry you've had such a frustrating time. I love my sony- very few difficulties. I'd like to upgrade to a newer model.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:08 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....

You will find the choice bewildering, have a look around; especially follow the links in my signature line to the ereaders matrix and the "Which One to Buy Forum"... Enjoy.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
clownhandy
clownhandy began at the beginning.

Device: Velocity Cruz
Thanks for commenting!

Thank you for your help! I returned the Velocity Cruz and am now looking at the Nook. My boss has one, although she has some similar questions she like it! Does anyone know how to delete books that have been read or apps you don't want?
I had heard Barnes and Noble was offering classes, that's awsome! Barnes and Noble reps are coming to our local library too to help with library borrowing and other questions. I'm sure they will be a lot more helpful than Borders was!!! I'm very disappointed in them.
Thanks for your help!
clownhandy is offline   Reply With Quote