Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Reader wouldn't turn on.

Okay last night I had this "issue" and was wondering if anyone else has had it.

For about 10 minutes last night my reader would not turn on. I didn't have anything I could press the reset button with. So I didn't reset it.

I tried the power slide numerous times, but the screen stayed blank. Gave-up and put it back in my backpack. About 10 mins later I got it back out and tried again (I was bored) and it worked first time.

(The irony that I had commented, earlier in the day, on faults with the first batches of new models was not lost on me)

Anyone else seen similar activity?

Last edited by Riocaz; 09-12-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Quick reset items ...

If you are using the 600, the top of your pen unscrews (in theory) and it has a reset pin in there. I have weak hands, so I haven't been able to do it.

BUT, my cover has a suede inside and I keep a pin slipped in. I've only used it once - but it involved my computer not recognizing my reader anymore.

Could it be a temperature issue? I know the manual mentions an operating range of temperatures ... I've kept mine from sitting in a hot car just to be safe.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Errr Why didn't I think of that last night?

The stylus itself is exactly the right sive to reset the reader.

<blushes>
Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
JanetCinNC
Groupie
JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JanetCinNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650 in red, Sony PRS-600 in red, Sony PRS-505 in red, iPad 2
Yeah, I actually unscrewed the top, and there's nothing in there but the screw itself. The end of the stylus is what's used for resetting. Riocaz is right, the point has a funny shape, and it fits in the reset hole perfectly.
JanetCinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:08 AM   #5
traderghost
traderghost began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetCinNC View Post
Yeah, I actually unscrewed the top, and there's nothing in there but the screw itself. The end of the stylus is what's used for resetting. Riocaz is right, the point has a funny shape, and it fits in the reset hole perfectly.
After unscrewing the stylus tip, you will notice that the opposite end of the stylus tip with screw threads on it will fit perfectly into the reset button hole. It is this screw end that you should use to reset the Reader, not the stylus tip that's used for tapping and writing on the Reader. It's stated in the manual.
traderghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 AM   #6
Riocaz

The idiot who came up with that needs shooting to improve the genepool!

Did he even think hor hard it is to actually unscrew a shiny plastic tip from a shiny metal body?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
Seventh Son
lurker
Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Seventh Son has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: I should probably stop
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
The idiot who came up with that needs shooting to improve the genepool!

Did he even think hor hard it is to actually unscrew a shiny plastic tip from a shiny metal body?
You can use stylus's tip to press reset, as stated before.
Seventh Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #8
Riocaz

Yes, I know. I was the one that said it.

Doesn't change the fact that whoever wrote the manual or came up with the "unscrewing" stylus is an idiot.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
benisntfunny
I'm Perfect
benisntfunny began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riocaz View Post
Yes, I know. I was the one that said it.

Doesn't change the fact that whoever wrote the manual or came up with the "unscrewing" stylus is an idiot.
This has been done on PDAs for years before Sony ever made an eReader.
benisntfunny is offline   Reply With Quote