Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Crop PDF.

I still have a problem.

I have a pdf file A.
If I open it in Adobe Pro and save it as HTML v4, it works like a charm. It creates a text HTML file about 1.5M with a few images in a separate folder. However, there are headers on every page and I would like to get rid off them.
So, I crop the pdf file A by following the instructions:
Code:
Anyway, open the PDF and go to a page with the title at the top. Then go to Document -> Crop Pages.

Under "Margin Controls" change the top so that the line appears below the title.

In "Page Range" select All. I kept mine as Apply to: "Odd and Even Pages" but you might try just Even.

Click OK to crop the document.

Now, even though it's cropped, the words are still there. If you try to save the PDF and import it into BD, it'll still detect the title text. Also, you should check the document to make sure you didn't crop anything you didn't want to.

What you have to do is go to File -> Print. Select Adobe PDF and print it to a new document.

Open the new document and voila, no more titles every two pages.
A new pdf file B is about x3 bigger but looks nice.
When I open it in Adobe Pro and save it as HTML v4, I get a problem.
Instead of getting HTML file, let's say 1.5M size and a few images in a separate folder, it creates a tiny html file about 10-15 KB, and a huge image folder, where it stores the whole content of pdf file B as separate images for every single page.

What am I doing wrong?
I don’t want separate images for every page. I need HTML text file as end result. Just like it works on pdf file A before cropping.

Thank you in advance.
A.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Yeah, I had the same problem in the past. Never managed to fix this.

Try Mobipocket Creator to convert PDF to MOBI. Apart from the MOBI file it'll give you an HTML file with images.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl123 View Post
Yeah, I had the same problem in the past. Never managed to fix this.

Try Mobipocket Creator to convert PDF to MOBI. Apart from the MOBI file it'll give you an HTML file with images.

I tried mobipocket creator before. I believe Adobe Pro is doing a better job.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote