Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-06-2011, 05:25 AM   #1
face
face began at the beginning.

Device: Color Nook
Force Download

Just got a Nook Color. from the get go I screwed up the expiration date of my credit card, which I have fixed. However, before I discovered that, I purchased a book, a freebie. Since card was wrong it never downloaded. Now the book shows in my library but never actually downloaded. Other books I got AFTER I fixed the card are fine.

Can I force a download of this one book. If I go to B&N via PC the download button is greyed out.

In Windows explored I see nothing blatant for this book that I could delete, other like the others which are clearly there in the books directory.

Thanks!!!!!

P.S. I have submitted a question to B&N on this and am waiting on a reply.
face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
leday
Groupie
leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.leday has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook Color
Try connecting your NC to Wi-Fi and pressing the Sync button to Sync it with your B&N account.

From the Manual:
The Sync Button
In the lower left corner of the library is a button with 2 curved arrows forming a circle. This is the Sync Button. Sync'ing your NOOKColor downloads any books and periodicals that you have purchased from other devices, such as a smartphone or personal computer.

Last edited by leday; 01-06-2011 at 08:45 AM.
leday is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
face

Synch resets it to Purchase, which I hit, then I hit Confirm, then it says I already purchased it and still does not download.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
botyok
botyok began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
hi Face, i have the same problem and I'm interested to know what B&N's reply. hope you'll share if they were able to solve it.
botyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:56 AM   #5
face

Still waiting on their response. Will post once it is resolved.
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by face View Post
Now the book shows in my library but never actually downloaded.

Can I force a download of this one book.
On your Nook, can you tap and hold on the book cover icon and get a popup menu? If so, one of the options should be to 'Archive'. Try that. If it works, then the cover will now appear in the 'my shelves' section of your library on the Nook under the Archived heading and should have a 'download' label on it. Tap it and it should re-download.

Worth a try.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:15 AM   #7
face

Archived and book completely disappeared. Did not show up on shelves. Did a refresh, that got stuck and just kept going and going. Shut it down, did refresh again (which did not get stuck this time) still no book.

Anyway, this is an improvement as I did not like looking at a book cover that I could not do anything with.

Went online and book is in archive there, but Download button is greyed out. Moved it to library, download still greyed out.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by face View Post
Went online and book is in archive there, but Download button is greyed out. Moved it to library, download still greyed out.
Bummer - it sounds like it is well and truly borked.

If you are open to it (and have unrooted nook, I wouldn't bother messing with this if your nook is rooted), you could also try unregistering and re-registering the nook. But it sounds like if it is greyed out online and your current default credit card is working fine for new books, it's likely something in their database that is the issue.

They are probably going to have to reset the book for you. Maybe call? 1.800.843.2665
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
mikehill33
mikehill33 began at the beginning.

ha, i am having the same problem, and have been in limbo for about a week now. I am guessing the Nook system isn't reconciling with the BN.com order system, hence our stuff getting lost. I called in and was told the system was overwhelmed from post-holiday traffic, but still. Pretty ridiculous.
mikehill33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #10
eric50
eric50 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Hello,

This is my first post and I hope this may help you. I had a similar problem trying to download the two free kids books that came with the Nook Color, "Richard Scary's Colors" and "The Elephant Child". I sent an email to tech support and they replied with a generic response with somethings to try and if that did not work to get back in touch with them. Well, the thing they suggested and that worked for me was to go to settings - Device Info - Erase & Deregister Device. Then I had to re-register the device and the books appeared with all the others I had received from B&N. Of course I had to set up my device again to my liking but I had not really done all that much to it yet.

I hope that helps you.

Eric
eric50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #11
nookleus
Small and Dense
nookleus has learned how to buy an e-book online

I had the same problem with the free kids books. I saw a post elsewhere about this that suggested deleted them from my Nook library, then reordering them. As they were free, I tried this and they then showed up on my Nook.
nookleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #12
face

Even online the book could not be downloaded. The issue was with the B&N database not the Nook itself.

Anyway, they finally fixed it and it is once again available for download. Just had to be patient until they got around to it.