Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #21766
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yeah - emergencies are covered - with a phone call. Other elective stuff was supposed to wait. Sigh .... happens every year - and it's usually the boss & his family that feel that the rules don't apply to them.

[end of rant]

Hope you're doing better Prof - I've been battling a chronic cough this season too.
Of course, bosses are exempt!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #21767
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
At the moment I'm feeling like I have a cold without having a cold; it feels like my brain has been replaced with cotton wool, my ears are ringing, my eyes are burning and I've got muscle aches. All without having a blocked/running nose and/or a sore throat. I think my body might be telling me that after several stressful and chaotic weeks I should take it easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Calling the Doctor,I think the walking pneumonia is back.
Everybody on the planet seems to be getting sick, and I mean that literally. I guess it's due to the way the world continues to shrink at an ever accelerating rate, but global community obviously has its shortcomings. Ideas are communicated faster, but so are viruses and bacterial infections. Even I felt a bit off today and took a couple of aspirin. The good news on this end is that I've been off work for 10 days during which time I felt great. If I am coming down with something now, it's just means I'll need to take a few more days off work.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:21 PM   #21768
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Every silver cloud has a dark lining......wait....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:24 PM   #21769
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yeah - emergencies are covered - with a phone call. Other elective stuff was supposed to wait. Sigh .... happens every year - and it's usually the boss & his family that feel that the rules don't apply to them.....
I see why you use a pseudonym here at MobileRead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Every silver cloud has a dark lining......wait....
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #21770
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
At the moment I'm feeling like I have a cold without having a cold; it feels like my brain has been replaced with cotton wool, my ears are ringing, my eyes are burning and I've got muscle aches. All without having a blocked/running nose and/or a sore throat. I think my body might be telling me that after several stressful and chaotic weeks I should take it easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Calling the Doctor,I think the walking pneumonia is back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Everybody on the planet seems to be getting sick, and I mean that literally. I guess it's due to the way the world continues to shrink at an ever accelerating rate, but global community obviously has its shortcomings. Ideas are communicated faster, but so are viruses and bacterial infections. Even I felt a bit off today and took a couple of aspirin. The good news on this end is that I've been off work for 10 days during which time I felt great. If I am coming down with something now, it's just means I'll need to take a few more days off work.
I hope you all feel better soon. I just am starting to feel better after having a persistent fever (even with NSAIDs). All I could do was sleep, drink liquids, and sleep some more. I was asleep more than I was awake since the 21st. No other symptoms, just the fever and the Dr. could not determine the cause. Geesh, I could have bought a new KFire HD for all the co-payments I made, just to find out I needed to sleep, rest, and drink lots of liquids while taking NSAIDs.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #21771
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Dr thinks that the pneumonia weakened the lungs so that minor airway issues are leading to asthma attacks. Eight weeks of Advair twice a day and Claritin D (allergies are minor but trigger nasal drip which triggers coughing). Hopefully this will work. I am tired of coughing.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #21772
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Everybody on the planet seems to be getting sick, and I mean that literally.
Both my wife and I have come down with something... Not enough to say we're sick, but more than enough to drain all energy. We almost died on our walk yesterday... feeling more like little old people doddering along, instead of our usual brisk fast paced walk. We even took a shorter route back just 'cuz we were too tired.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #21773
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
*knocks on wood* I'm staying away from you lot, so far so good
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #21774
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
My hubby has had a less than thrilling year health-wise.

Christmas Day. He felt awful, and ofcourse his doctor and all of his cohorts have absconded to holiday till the 7th of January. Our local hospital diagnosed "water on the lungs" and he was given every test imaginable, given treatment and was allowed home. Naturally he was worried and came out in extremely painful Shingles.

That's where we are now on the *health-map*. Antibiotics, lotions, and lots of sleep.

What a year we have had. I am sure that 2013 is going to have a brighter outlook, and I am grateful that I haven't succumbed to any illnesses and was able to look after him.

May all of you keep healthy, happy and safe for the coming year.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #21775
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Oh nohmi, your poor hubby. I've heard that Shingles are miserable and to have that in addition to everything else. I really hope he is better soon.
And hugs to you for being there for him. {{Hugs}}
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #21776
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
What I thought was a sore jaw turned out to be an infected ear, lol. I was just taking a shower when my ear popped, discharged a tiny bit fluid and the soreness in my jaw just disappeared. My ear is a bit numbish now and there is a slight ringing but at least the soreness (felt like a muscle ache) is as good as gone.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #21777
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Oh nohmi, your poor hubby. I've heard that Shingles are miserable and to have that in addition to everything else. I really hope he is better soon.
And hugs to you for being there for him. {{Hugs}}

It's amazing how much good a *hug* can do.

'Tis the little things in life that really count, isn't it?

Many good thoughts and wishes coming your way.

Cheers.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #21778
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
What I thought was a sore jaw turned out to be an infected ear, lol. I was just taking a shower when my ear popped, discharged a tiny bit fluid and the soreness in my jaw just disappeared. My ear is a bit numbish now and there is a slight ringing but at least the soreness (felt like a muscle ache) is as good as gone.
That sounds like it might be a ruptured ear drum. You'd best get it looked at! Hopefully not, but if the infection was in your inner ear, I don't see how else it could have happened.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #21779
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
And the winning illness is pneumonia. I have a stronger anibiotic to take with all my oher meds.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #21780
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
oh my gosh you all make me feel so much better..

all i did was fall on my latest hike and break my radial cap, up near the elbow, right arm thank goodness...being left handed..

on new years day yet........serves me right for taking my eyes off the trail and looking at the gorgeous scenery around me....

heartfelt best wishes for everyone affected to feel better soon........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness