Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #31
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Do you mean it won't go to sleep anymore?
Yes. (Awake but no backlight on. After aprox. 10 min.)

Much better web surfing on this firmware!
Brightness of the display could not be set as dark as the original fw -> battery

Last edited by macnutzer; 12-13-2011 at 05:10 PM.
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #32
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnutzer View Post
Yes. (Awake but no backlight on. After aprox. 10 min.)

Much better web surfing on this firmware!
Brightness of the display could not be set as dark as the original fw -> battery
Good... I will put this on my list of things to fix.

As for the backlight, it has happened to me randomly but it is rare. I will try to fix that first.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #33
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Any success getting the Kindle app working for DRM-protected ebooks or is it still not working?
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #34
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
I also had the experience of random wake-ups, or IQ not really going to sleep. I'd put it in my purse, and would take it out to find it awake and running an app that got pressed somehow (even though I have it in a cover), or inside a folder etc. These wake-ups might be the reason for such a high battery drain.

And I still can't connect to my work network in spite of it showing as excellent connection!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #35
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Found out: while playing mp3 with Display turned off, there is no wakeup - but system restart after 30 min. playtime...
Old 12-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #36
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Anyone can help me?

I think I became invisible
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #37
macnutzer
Enthusiast

Yoornotinvincible...
whatsup?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #38
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
Sorry Icewing no solution for me? Possible that I'am the only one having problems?
My Iq701 is different from others? Help!
You mean for the whoami?

Trying to find another solution for this one as well.

I know everyone is hoping this rom works but considering I have very little free time, I do go as fast as I can to fix things.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #39
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
Yes, whoami.

Thank you for what you are doing, the port is beta but it is a great project.
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #40
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippopelo View Post
Yes, whoami.

Thank you for what you are doing, the port is beta but it is a great project.
Thank you. I am learning a lot about the Android OS by taking on the 2.0 version. It will be useful down the road to go forward.

I like the way PB has decided to go with the apps... making a separate EXT2 partition on the internal SD card is a very good idea. about 380 Mb for apps is not bad. I will see if it is possible to expand that partition.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 PM   #41
ebookof
Enthusiast

Quote:
Thank you. I am learning a lot about the Android OS by taking on the 2.0 version. It will be useful down the road to go forward.

I like the way PB has decided to go with the apps... making a separate EXT2 partition on the internal SD card is a very good idea. about 380 Mb for apps is not bad. I will see if it is possible to expand that partition.
You have 380MB for the apps? Before I rooted my PB to move programs to the external SD card, I could only install a few programs. So, much less space than 380 Mb (I think it was around 50Mb).

Did you try the Kindle app to see if it works with your new version? The Kindle app did not work with your first repack (at least for DRM protected books; it worked fine for the non-DRM free classic books).
Old 12-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #42
Icewyng
Addict

You are right. If you would go about how Android is usually set up, you would only get about ... 50 Mb or so. Here is how PB set it up:

First, they divide the internal SDcard into 3 partitions: 1 Fat32 and 2 ext2 ones.

Next, they transferred part of the Data partition (including apps) to one of the Ext2 one, giving 380 Mb of free space to install more apps.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #43
ebookof
Enthusiast

Quote:
You are right. If you would go about how Android is usually set up, you would only get about ... 50 Mb or so. Here is how PB set it up:

First, they divide the internal SDcard into 3 partitions: 1 Fat32 and 2 ext2 ones.

Next, they transferred part of the Data partition (including apps) to one of the Ext2 one, giving 380 Mb of free space to install more apps.
Icewyng:

I don't follow you.

When I was talking about having approximately 50-70Mb it was with the Pocketbook IQ as it is set up when you get it right out of the box. I never had 380Mb available. That's the main reason why I rooted my PB.

Since you are not responding regarding the Kindle app, I assume that the issue with DRM-rights has not been resolved. I was waiting to see if the issue would be resolved, but I guess I will get back to the old rooting method.

Thanks for your efforts!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:55 PM   #44
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookof View Post
Icewyng:

I don't follow you.

When I was talking about having approximately 50-70Mb it was with the Pocketbook IQ as it is set up when you get it right out of the box. I never had 380Mb available. That's the main reason why I rooted my PB.
That was true up to version 2.04 firmware.
With version 2.05/2.06 Pocketbook switched to the multiple partition model Icewyng is describing.
With 2.06 and newer you get over 300MB of app storage space *without* having to root.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #45
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
That was true up to version 2.04 firmware.
With version 2.05/2.06 Pocketbook switched to the multiple partition model Icewyng is describing.
With 2.06 and newer you get over 300MB of app storage space *without* having to root.
That is correct. Porting the ROM is made trickier because of those partitions too. It is unstable so I need to work things out and see where it goes wrong.

For the Kindle app, I will do some testing this weekend and will come back with results. I think this will be a simple fix.