Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Edit: I am copying the Harv and Vera's Adventure in Panama to this thread in the Writer's Corner. Enjoy!

Well, I just wasted my entire afternoon reading this thread. Wonder what sort of other nonsense was got up to while I was away.

Vera stepped off the veranda into the heat of the Panama City night.

"To Hell with Harv!" she muttered. He was nothing but trouble, anyway. Why, he couldn't even get that damned boat of his to stop leaking, even after three barrels of pitch and an entire sailcloth.

She sauntered down the path leading to the American Zone, thinking she needed to have some fun and the navvies there were certainly her type of fun. She wanted it and she wanted it bad!

And nowhere else in Central America did they make peach cobbler like the ones in the Enlisted club.

Last edited by pshrynk; 02-19-2009 at 10:27 PM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
oh, bravo !

...so what happens next ? a lot can happen in panama city at night, you know.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Will it involve squid? That's what I want to know...
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Yes, the one next to the blue fish.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Vera stepped off the veranda into the heat of the Panama City night.

"To Hell with Harv!" she muttered. He was nothing but trouble, anyway. Why, he couldn't even get that damned boat of his to stop leaking, even after three barrels of pitch and an entire sailcloth.

She sauntered down the path leading to the American Zone, thinking she needed to have some fun and the navvies there were certainly her type of fun. She wanted it and she wanted it bad!

And nowhere else in Central America did they make peach cobbler like the ones in the Enlisted club.
:applauds:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
a lot can happen in panama city at night
That would make a good first line for the next installment
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
i think that's the question in the forefront of *all* our minds, right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
That would make a good first line for the next installment
i believe you may be right about that.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 AM   #7
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Slapping her feet down in an agitated tatoo, Vera reflected back on her realationship with Harv. He wasn't really all that bad, at least not for a man who had been morphed into a squid at least once. And there had been that time he'd flown his grumman Goose al the way up to Lake Managua, just to get her a bouquet of rare and endangered (probably extinct, now) orchids.

He just did not understand the needs of a woman, though. All that romantic stuff went only so far. Every now and then, she needed a man to go aout and kill a polar bear or something.

"Next thing you know, he'll be saying how rare polar bears are this close to the equator," she sniffed. Just like a man.

She turned her head toward the Canal Zone, hearing the faint tinklings of a really bad knock off Dorsey Orchestra. Probably playing at the Officers' Club, she thought. the Enlisted Club had to make do with phonographs of the real thing.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel

well, i'm torn. on the one hand, this new installment of The Ongoing Saga of Vera is eminently karma-worthy. on the other hand, pshrynk's karma is currently the elegant, rotationally symmetrical number of 21112, and i don't want to spoil that.

so i'm posting this comment instead, to express my extreme appreciation of this latest litterary triumph, and my unabated anticipation of the next episode.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
well, i'm torn. on the one hand, this new installment of The Ongoing Saga of Vera is eminently karma-worthy. on the other hand, pshrynk's karma is currently the elegant, rotationally symmetrical number of 21112, and i don't want to spoil that.

so i'm posting this comment instead, to express my extreme appreciation of this latest litterary triumph, and my unabated anticipation of the next episode.
Fixed that for you
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Fixed that for you
well, now that it's been spoiled anyway, i might as well add my own.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:46 AM   #11
pshrynk

21234 is sorta cool, too!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
21234 is sorta cool, too!
i'm glad you like it. i did it on purpose.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:59 AM   #13
pshrynk

The gate guards were typically friendly as Vera sauntered through. She nodded at them, with her blinding smile, her curls bobbing with the effort.

As she passed the main pumping station, she thought she heard voices coming from the back. She knew that many adventures started out with some dimwitted dame poking her nose in where it doesn't belong, but she felt strangel compelled. She walked around the station and was surprised to see that nice Mr Miyatake from the flower shop on Avenida 5 talking with another Asian whom she did not know. They were holding a large satchel between them, as if it was very heavy.

"Mr. Miyatake! What are you doing back here at this time of night?" The words escaped her mouth before her brain had the chance to sit back and think about them.

"Ah. Miss Vera. It is so unfortunate that you should see this. I am afraid I must now have my associate here deal with the situation."

Vera turned to run away and opend her mouth to scream. The small man with Mr. Miyatake was fast, however. Faster than a damsel in distress' scream, apparently.

As consciousness fled her, she thought, "Oh, Harv! I wish I hadn't told you to go drown yourself!"
Old 11-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Clouds of enlightenment spoke eloquently through the ether, as lieuse came alive and the ongoing saga of the E-reader naming thread reached great heights never before seen on MR. The Birth of The Cool was a painless affair, especially to the Kindle from Amazon. There were further unutterable utterences of silliness and then in the brightening gloom within the light at the far end of the tunnel, there emerged, undefeated, unbowed and utterly lost for words ... ... Vera ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
i'm glad you like it. i did it on purpose.
I wrecked it on purpose. I'm in that kind of mood. (Forgive me, boo?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ongoing saga, saga, unutterable silliness, vera