Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #1
ralphiedee
Zealot
ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.ralphiedee is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
Generating a TOC in Sigil question

I have an rtf document which I need to make an epub out of. I opened the .rtf in word and converted to html. Opened the html in Sigil and the file retained the styling.

Inside the html file is a text generated TOC with no links. I first made all the chapter titles on the text generated TOC page <h1> tags then I chose create TOC with HTML and I see it created a page with the correct chapters and hyperlinks. Now, I hilight the hyperlink and choose the link icon in the toolbar and the sections pop up and I link them to the correct pages. This seems to work but I still am left with the hyperlinked TOC AND the original text TOC. How do I remove the text TOC from the book?

RD
ralphiedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:31 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiedee View Post
How do I remove the text TOC from the book?
How would you remove any text you don't want from the book? You delete it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
A link is made up from a special set of tags (look in Code View for <a called anchor tags)
Removing just the text in Book View, could leave a invisible link or anchor. Not very useful
AFAIK the only clean way to remove those tags, is to do it (delete) in CV
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote