Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
KRorschachZ
Update
KRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litterKRorschachZ doesn't litter

Device: kindle DX graphite, we need update/firmware with optios PDF Kindle 3
Exclamation I´m install 2.5.8 on KDXG = not mail yahoo now

I´m install 2.5.8 on KDXG = not mail yahoo now

I'm pretty angry with Amazon, I trust them, I bought an expensive graphite kindle 3G DX free, I bought books, I bought newspapers, and

first I had to see how the option would disappear browser to navigate between pages (if you try to enter a link that opens another window, the browser does nothing stands still, and in the Kindle 3 warns that multiple window mode is not supported, but when the unit was new if supported)

I clearly remember any news or click on link and opened the page in question, even if not in the same domain.

(If you wanted back then was only a matter of using the back button, and previous history cache +)

Now that's not possible that much of this close/limted navigation, making unbearable visit pages that use links as external reference to another window.

If you try clic on some links don´t do nothing ¡ and on K3 say that not multiple windows, BUT on 2010-09 and 2010-12 was posible do that.

(only need permit send this link to bar url and close previos windows, not need two windows to permit do that ¡¡¡)

When I buy kindle dx I CAN DO THAT ¡ webkit supported that ¡

This is new block...
----------------

And also now I can not see THE YAHOO MAIL on the kindle DX G

Yesterday installed the latest version 2.5.8 and now I get these warnings when I try to access mail.!

WARNING for all you: Do not upgrade, the latest versions only serve to remove options to customers and place limitations.

You know how I can turn back to 2.5.5? I copied the entire drive, including hidden files to your computer, can be of any use some of this?

I want the webkit browser that originally had no non-blocking filters.

Before it could, why not now? ... Clearly handwrite the address on url bar is not practical, and these functions were useful.

(BTW, why do we have to have a very limited options, pdf's, configurations, etc, if it appears that with the hardware if it is possible to do something better?, exits other options that show powefull system operate...)

In short, I am very angry with Amazon, I have been fooled by the latest RESTATEMENT firmware.

PS: I hope this mail will be helpful to someone, to me, it no longer.

And also hope that many complaints are sent emails from amazon.

Greetings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9092.gif
Views:	323
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	68119   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9094.gif
Views:	281
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	68120   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9095.gif
Views:	291
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	68121   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9096.gif
Views:	271
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	68122   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9097.gif
Views:	257
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	68123   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9098.gif
Views:	285
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	68124   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9099.gif
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	68125   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9100.gif
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	68126   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9101.gif
Views:	287
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	68127   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9102.gif
Views:	262
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	68128   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9103.gif
Views:	240
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	68129   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-9104.gif
Views:	258
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	68130  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-11-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Obscene language removed by MR
KRorschachZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Couldn't you have made your point without the profane heading?
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewjono View Post
Couldn't you have made your point without the profane heading?
loses force of expression.

they already have me up to the h|lt...

gmail still works, but limited.

hotmail does not work.

The mobile version of yahoo either ...

and links to external hyperlinks does not .. (on k3 said not multiple windows permit, OK. why not permit auto-close the previus windows but open the next jump link¡¡¡)

and I pay for a complete product, and if you or I surf the wifi in the K3 there is no extra cost .... semi

I do not see these castrated grace to kindle.

(and exits other software that show powerfull pdf´s, why don´t to a decent firmware?)

My kindle DX G killed. by amazon.

2.5.8 =

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 03-11-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
oggelbe2007
Limited Warranty
oggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enoughoggelbe2007 will become famous soon enough

Device: A sweet PRS-500, DXG
Just how much caffeine are you working with here?
oggelbe2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Web browsing has always been an experimental feature of the Kindle. Which means you shouldn't rely on it for any reason. If something does happen to work with the web browser?... consider it a bonus.

Calm down... read a book. That's what it's for.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #6
KRorschachZ
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Web browsing has always been an experimental feature of the Kindle. Which means you shouldn't rely on it for any reason. If something does happen to work with the web browser?... consider it a bonus.

Your argument is false: That options runs OK previus...

"what is given does not remove said Santa Rita.

Last edited by KRorschachZ; 03-11-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Indeed.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
er, do you mean that the DXG update killed the ability of opening links meant to open in a new browser window?
also that you could do that on the k3?
I thought that was an issue with the k3.
or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you?
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #9
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I think he wants to know if he can revert to the old firmware where things worked the way he wanted them to work.
To simply say 'count your blessings that amazon even gave you a web browser in the first place' IMO isn't helpful.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by bZkindle
To simply say 'count your blessings that amazon even gave you a web browser in the first place' IMO isn't helpful.
Funny that you would assume I was trying to be helpful.
I felt brutal honesty was more appropriate than coddling in this instance.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Funny that you would assume I was trying to be helpful.
I felt brutal honesty was more appropriate than coddling in this instance.

fair enough. that original post is quite hard to decipher but I don't think English is Rorschachs' first language.
however, that 'emoticonitis' needs to be treated I think.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #12
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
You can't access YahooMail on your DXG?

There is a mobile version of YahooMail at: http://m.yahoo.com/mail

Why don't you use that?

btw, I got that link from Kinstant ( http://www.kinstant.com ), which has quite a number of links to mobile versions of websites, including fields in which you can Kindle-friendly-ize whatever site you want.

It even works with Google News (I just put news.google.com in one of the custom fields and it worked fine.)

Last edited by chyron8472; 03-11-2011 at 10:50 PM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #13
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
You can't access YahooMail on your DXG?

There is a mobile version of YahooMail at: http://m.yahoo.com/mail

Why don't you use that?

btw, I got that link from Kinstant ( http://www.kinstant.com ), which has quite a number of links to mobile versions of websites, including fields in which you can Kindle-friendly-ize whatever site you want.

It even works with Google News (I just put news.google.com in one of the custom fields and it worked fine.)
He is using m.yahoo.
look at the 10th and 11th screenshots he posted.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #14
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
hmm... I guess I was having a tl;dr issue with his post.

okay, so he's saying that Yahoo used to work fine but he then updated the firmware and now it doesn't?

I still suspect user error somehow. There has to be a way to log in to YahooMail with his DX, I have a K2 so I could try it, but as he says his used to work I'm not sure what else to suggest.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:52 PM   #15
bZkindle
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chyron8472 View Post
hmm... I guess I was having a tl;dr issue with his post.

okay, so he's saying that Yahoo used to work fine but he then updated the firmware and now it doesn't?

I still suspect user error somehow. There has to be a way to log in to YahooMail with his DX, I have a K2 so I could try it, but as he says his used to work I'm not sure what else to suggest.
well I just tried to log into yahoo mobile mail and get the exact result of the OP.
gmail doesn't seem to work either.
I do know for a fact gmail worked before because I have used it.

I'll have to play around with this a bit more.
If this is the case, I can see why the OP might be a bit upset that the update took away this functionality. It's a good way to check your mail on the go if you have no other devices and/or web access.