Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #796
XisiX
XisiX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
To change language in Duokan Lite:

Home -> Menu -> S -> then go to page 3 of the settings menu
XisiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #797
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
DK_Documents just includes some Chinese books.
To change language press Alt+Sym . on the third page, last item.
It would be better if you replace English.txt on DK_System \ Lite \ res \ language folder with this English.txt
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #798
wolfchimneyrock
wolfchimneyrock began at the beginning.

Device: kindle k3 3G/wifi
I believe I have fixed the simultaneous typing problem. Thomass, and others, try this out, see how it works for you. The trick was to tell the Java framwork to go to screensaver, without the linux background actually going to screensaver.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DK_quickswitch-110809.zip (3.1 KB, 353 views)
wolfchimneyrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #799
wolfchimneyrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by XisiX View Post
To change language in Duokan Lite:

Home -> Menu -> S -> then go to page 3 of the settings menu
what I have not found is a way to have dklite actually keep your language setting. It will keep your text size setting, but for some reason is lost with the language setting and always reverts back to chinese
Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #800
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. It seems that problem is solved on one way. When I switch to DLite, Kindle doesn't accept input anymore. However Dlite still does. Fortunately I solved this by changing 14th line of stopdk.sh from
Code:
dstop=$(killall -STOP KindleApp)
to
Code:
dstop=$(killall -9 KindleApp)
Now it shuts down DuokanLite when I switch back to the Kindle.

There is another thing:
I installed both Duokan and DuoakanLite and try to use launchpad way described on this thread on this installed Duokan. Unfortunately it doesn't work correctly especially when I try to switch back to Kindle(It continually reboots). Could you solve this,too?

Last edited by thomass; 08-09-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #801
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Thanks. It seems that problem is solved on one way.
Thank you wolfchimneyrock and thomass for your effort.

Has anyone got any clue or fix for dklite always resetting back to Chinese menus?
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:45 PM   #802
wolfchimneyrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Thanks. It seems that problem is solved on one way. When I switch to DLite, Kindle doesn't accept input anymore. However Dlite still does. Fortunately I solved this by changing 14th line of stopdk.sh from
Code:
dstop=$(killall -STOP KindleApp)
to
Code:
dstop=$(killall -9 KindleApp)
Now it shuts down DuokanLite when I switch back to the Kindle.

There is another thing:
I installed both Duokan and DuoakanLite and try to use launchpad way described on this thread on this installed Duokan. Unfortunately it doesn't work correctly especially when I try to switch back to Kindle(It continually reboots). Could you solve this,too?
well, sending signal 9 to KindleApp is something that I wanted to avoid, I'd rather keep looking for a way to block input to KindleApp so that it will keep your place in the book you have open, and you don't have to keep resetting the chinese for english... but you are right that it starts up quickly, that is not so bad to re-load it from scratch.

I suspect the problem with the duokan vs dklite is one of different libraries, (as they are really two different projects) and with dklite running, trying to load duokan will link to the dklite libraries instead and raise an error ... I don't have duokan installed on mine, can you point me to the most recent version?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #803
wolfchimneyrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by majidbhurgri View Post
Thank you wolfchimneyrock and thomass for your effort.

Has anyone got any clue or fix for dklite always resetting back to Chinese menus?
the install script for dklite copies the dklite files into /test/DKLite, including the configuration file, so changing the one that can be accessed through the usb reachable folder does nothing ... I think it also may be a matter of it being unable to save the configuration changes on the read-only root partition, even though its startup messages claims it mounts it read-write ... being that the dklite and duokan team has obviously used open source code in their project, they really should be releasing their source code, but I have seen no link to it.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #804
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfchimneyrock View Post
well, sending signal 9 to KindleApp is something that I wanted to avoid, I'd rather keep looking for a way to block input to KindleApp so that it will keep your place in the book you have open, and you don't have to keep resetting the chinese for english...
You are right about these, it is rather an temporary soln.

you can download Duokan here:http://flip.netzbeben.de/2010/11/duo...ish-gui-today/ or official page
Thanks for considering to try it.

please note: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11#post1693511 (To install Duokan, you have to uninstall DuokanLite and hacks first. )(other way to use: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125517)

It may possible to make Duokan Lite to change its language on every login ?
(launchpad enables us to enter key commands(like menu, home,..etc))

Last edited by thomass; 08-09-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #805
majidbhurgri
Enthusiast
majidbhurgri began at the beginning.

Device: Boox 60, Kindle3/3G
I now have all three systems installed: Kindle, Duokan and Lite. I am using the switcher by wolfchimneyrock after modifying it as suggested by thomass. The switching behavior continues to be erratic and unpredictable. At the start up I get the Lite screen giving me option to log into any system and all goes well. Thereafter, switching is all hit and miss game.
With Kindle running:
DS starts Lite
With Lite running:
DX restarts Kindle, but not always... sometimes reports failure
DZ closes Lite and restarts it again... AF also restarts...
With Duokan running:
DS switches to Lite but both OS accept input and now if you press DZ it usually kills Lite and gets you back into Duokan...

Anyhow, when two OS are running concurrently and accepting input, which happens often, then it is nightmarish...

Only if one could develop a clean switch routine facilitating smooth switching in between the OS that would be swell...
With Lite
majidbhurgri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #806
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I now have all three systems installed: Kindle, Duokan and Lite. I am using the switcher by wolfchimneyrock after modifying it as suggested by thomass. The switching behavior continues to be erratic and unpredictable.
I used this switcher only when I start Kindle on KindleOS and to switch between Kindle and DuokanLite. And it works fine without any problem. ^D S to switch to Duokan Lite and ^D X to turning back to the Kindle OS.(^D Z could be used to kill DuokanLite when you are on KindleOS, if you didn't change the stopdk.sh as I suggested.)

It is not a good idea to used it on Duokan since it aims only DuokanLite and Kindle.

Edit: You can use the startdk.sh file in dlite.zip to switch from Kindle and Duokan Lite to Duokan. To do that add this line to the beginning of file:
Code:
killall -cont cvm
change its name as startdk2.sh, place it to DK_System and add this line to launchpad.ini:
Code:
	D F = !source /mnt/us/DK_System/startdk2.sh
and refresh by Shift-Shift-Space

Note that this work correctly if you start Kindle from KindleOS. I didn't test the other ways.

To switch back to Kindle, you can use Alt+Sym>'switch to Kindle' (if it freezes, using ^D X fixes)

(If this not work for you, try to use after installing usbnetwork hack.)

Last edited by thomass; 08-13-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 AM   #807
wolfchimneyrock

Quote:
I now have all three systems installed: Kindle, Duokan and Lite. I am using the switcher by wolfchimneyrock after modifying it as suggested by thomass. The switching behavior continues to be erratic and unpredictable. At the start up I get the Lite screen giving me option to log into any system and all goes well. Thereafter, switching is all hit and miss game.
With Kindle running:
DS starts Lite
With Lite running:
DX restarts Kindle, but not always... sometimes reports failure
DZ closes Lite and restarts it again... AF also restarts...
With Duokan running:
DS switches to Lite but both OS accept input and now if you press DZ it usually kills Lite and gets you back into Duokan...

Anyhow, when two OS are running concurrently and accepting input, which happens often, then it is nightmarish...

Only if one could develop a clean switch routine facilitating smooth switching in between the OS that would be swell...
With Lite
I only ever intended this to be run from an initial kindle startup; as kindle is the one that takes a long time to load... and as i dont have duokan installed, i haven't added support for it, but I know the duokan program is called 'ebook' instead of dklite's 'KindleApp' and it could be modified to juggle all three, yet I have not yet found a way to block input the dklite, nor duokan ... I also have found that both duokan and dklite have modified libraries with the same names; however they are modified differently to each other, which may cause some havoc if both run simultaneously
Old 08-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #808
thomass
Wizard

I solved language setting problem of Duokan Lite in a simple way:Found a parameter on \DK_System\Lite\config.ini and changed it as
Code:
Language=2
That's it.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:46 AM   #809
tracy2011
Connoisseur
tracy2011 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
I am trying to install Duokan lite but I am having problem on my Kindle3. I had been using Duokan. I downloaded the release released yesterday (as posted above). Ran the Jailbreak and installed the Launchpad. Then I removed the old Dk_System folder and replaced in its place the DK_System folder from the Lite0805.745.1173.rtm release. After this I ran the update but it failed.

I am sure I have made an error somewhere. Can anyone help me sort this out. Thanks.
you'd better replace from the root catalog
tracy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #810
thomass
Wizard

Lite0814.778.1255.rtm released:
(To use dictionary you should create folder: /DK_System/Lite/res/dict then add stardict files(.idx, ifo and unzipped .dz(with 7zip) to here.
To upgrade from a previous version just delete DK_System and copy the new one, then reboot and start Kindle on Dlite OS.(In this case no need to uninstall jailbreak))
Quote:
This week update:
New features:
Support Bookstore (September net books / Tilt Chinese fiction serial)
Support music player
Note: This week also added a dictionary function.

Improvements:
PDF optimized memory usage, speed up the opening page of the PDF and large files faster.
TXT improve the accuracy of intelligence Fragment.
Optimization algorithms extract the compressed file, so open the compressed files more smoothly.

Fix the problem:
Fix built-in search engine book does not work.
Correct user-defined font path storage: DK_System / Lite / res / userfonts
Repair is less than the screen when the screensaver picture will Huaping problems.
Fixed open compressed crash may result in problems.
Repair PDf rotation is not the right questions.
On Dlite menu G: dictionary ( not translated)
There is an item on Settings/Book which is not translated:Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-08-14 16.25.42.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	75457

It seems that they fixed language-setting problem.

Last edited by thomass; 08-15-2011 at 03:07 AM.