Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
Foxit eSlick to suport ePub in Firmware 2.0

Quote:
In its continuing effort to be the electronic reader of choice, Foxit is expanding eSlick’s support for more reading formats. eSlick customers will now be able to view documents in ePub and eReader (PDB) in additional to previously supported PDF and Text formats. The support for ePub and eReader enable customers to read books downloaded from any website which supports these reading formats.
via http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Foxit-....html?x=0&.v=1

and http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/06/f...ndle-to-shame/

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-06-2009 at 10:25 AM.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
'bout time, too!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
OMG, it has folder support!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Does anyone have one of these? When you go to the Foxit site, there's still a button to preorder it.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #5
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Does anyone have one of these? When you go to the Foxit site, there's still a button to preorder it.
You can buy it from Newegg for $249.00.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
I just checked their web site and there is no firmware upgrade to version 2.

I question whether it has actually been released.......
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I have an E-slick. Haven't really used it all. Up until now I put it in my "dumb" purchases of the year column. Maybe once I get the update, I may find the device useful.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #8
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post

One of the moderators in the eSlick forums indicated that it was held back for technical reasons. Whether that means a last-minute bug or difficulty publishing the firmware, I'm not sure.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:

It hasn't... that why the headline is in future tense.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #10
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It hasn't... that why the headline is in future tense.

BOb
I guess I read it too fast, but then its not really news.

They've been saying they will have Ereader support for about six months - the first release was supposed to be August 3rd, but it never materialized.

I would hope they get their act together on it for the sake of those that have an Eslick.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I guess I read it too fast, but then its not really news.
So, you think all the announcements at CES about future products and releases aren't news? I disagree. FoxIt announcing that they are adding the ePub format to their device certainly is news.

BOb
Old 11-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #12
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I have an E-slick. Haven't really used it all. Up until now I put it in my "dumb" purchases of the year column. Maybe once I get the update, I may find the device useful.

Ellen
OK, I'll bite: How do you have an e-Slick if it hasn't been released yet?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoze View Post
OK, I'll bite: How do you have an e-Slick if it hasn't been released yet?
What? I'm pretty sure they have been shipping for quite a while now. They just don't seem to keep a lot in stock.

I also wonder if someone with a CyBook Gen 3 could flash it with the eSlick firmware. It seems to be the same hardware.

BOb
Old 11-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #14
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What? I'm pretty sure they have been shipping for quite a while now. They just don't seem to keep a lot in stock.

I also wonder if someone with a CyBook Gen 3 could flash it with the eSlick firmware. It seems to be the same hardware.

BOb
Cybook has some specific locks in place to ensure their firmware only works on their hardware. It would be a breach of copyright to try and use it on other peoples hardware.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 AM   #15
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Cybook has some specific locks in place to ensure their firmware only works on their hardware. It would be a breach of copyright to try and use it on other peoples hardware.

Dale
I think he wants to try the ESlick Firmware on the Cybook Hardware. I know that would interest me, given that I have a substantial number of EReader books.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote