Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Chicago Tribune now available on the Kindle!

Chicago Tribune

Quote:
With the Chicago Tribune, you'll have everything you need to stay informed. Whether it's Chicagoland, national or world news--the Chicago Tribune has it all. The Chicago Tribune's Pulitzer-Prize winning journalists provide all of the coverage and features you need to start your day off right.

The Kindle Edition of The Chicago Tribune contains articles found in the print edition, but will not include some images and tables. Also, some features and sections such as Chicago Tribune Magazine, the crossword puzzle, Parade magazine, box scores and classifieds are not currently available. For your convenience, issues are automatically delivered wirelessly to your Kindle so you can read them each morning.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Nice color! (I really wish they would show what the newspapers really looks like on the Kindle. Not that I was fooled
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
Nice color! (I really wish they would show what the newspapers really looks like on the Kindle. Not that I was fooled

How's this.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:33 PM   #4
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Cuil! (which so far is not so cool!)
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I've been waiting all year!!! YES!!!
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As more newspapers are added to the Kindle catalog, my personal worth pendulum is swinging back in Kindle's direction from the Sony.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:44 AM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!

YESSSSS!!!!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
USA TODAY DAGNABBIT!!!!!!!!
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaggisMacJedi View Post
Good to see ya, Haggis! Where ya been?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Basically, I've spent the last three weeks running a special community event, I went to a conference in Nashville, and last weekend we had a reunion/concert with all of the alumni from my high school Madrigal group. Today is the first day I've had off in 3 weeks. I've also been busy working with a personal trainer every morning (basically it's the same type of program they do in boot camp), and I'm in my 6th week of that deal.

Anyway, I went to the Kindle store via my Kindle, AND the Kindle store on my computer, and the Chicago Tribune is no where to be found. What gives?
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Old 08-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:

Anyway, I went to the Kindle store via my Kindle, AND the Kindle store on my computer, and the Chicago Tribune is no where to be found. What gives?

Didn't you click the link in my first post. It's also on the front page of the Kindle store. I don't know what's up when you use your Kindle to go to the Kindle Store. You're right it's not yet listed with the other U.S. newspapers.

Chicago Tribune

Kindle Store (look toward the bottom of the page where the newspapers are)
Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #13
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot

Yeah, I see it there.

I never go to the Kindle "storefront". I only use the Kindle Store on the Kindle itself (on which the Chicago Tribune does not yet appear), or on the website itself. When I'm on the website if I want to look at newspapers I'll click the newspaper link, same for blogs, books, magazines, whatever. Seems like the logical thing to do.

It's no big deal because I don't care a thing about the Chicago Tribune. It just seems weird that it wouldn't be listed with the newspapers, and it seems even weirder that it's not listed on the Kindle itself.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
How's this.

Not enough dithering.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #15
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Jon give it a rest. That image didn't even come from a Kindle. I should know.

Tags
chicago tribune, duck!, kindle, newspapers