Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the perfect pet?
Cat 39 45.88%
Dog 24 28.24%
Fish 1 1.18%
Ferret 1 1.18%
Snake 1 1.18%
Llama 1 1.18%
Otter 3 3.53%
PENGUIN! 3 3.53%
mouse 0 0%
nice big hairy spider 2 2.35%
dolphin 1 1.18%
hippo (including its rear end) 0 0%
other* (must explain!!) *to include answers such as "blue one next to the fish" and PORTUGAL! 9 10.59%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #91
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Did you have her on a leash?
No - I would guide her by placing a foot next to her head to aim her crawl into a new direction. Sometimes she would get stubborn about continuing in 1 direction, so I picked up the head and neck section and walked her into the new direction. Snakes can get very stubborn at times. But she was always very good tempered.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:53 PM   #92
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
No - I would guide her by placing a foot next to her head to aim her crawl into a new direction. Sometimes she would get stubborn about continuing in 1 direction, so I picked up the head and neck section and walked her into the new direction. Snakes can get very stubborn at times. But she was always very good tempered.
Trying to picture this.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #93
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Trying to picture this.
I had a slide of us together - have no idea where it is now - going down stairs - I wanted to see if the snake's body would really follow the stairsteps like in the cartoons - and sure enough it did!
Old 04-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #94
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I had a slide of us together - have no idea where it is now - going down stairs - I wanted to see if the snake's body would really follow the stairsteps like in the cartoons - and sure enough it did!
Old 04-18-2010, 07:12 PM   #95
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
Something fluffy and cute, but with temper and evil masterplan.
That's not the description a pet ... that's my ex-wife!

But, seriously ... given my avatar, no prizes for guessing I voted "cat". The cat, btw -- and who happens to be my ex-wife's pussy who sauntered off to Australia (the ex-wife that is) -- would correct the misconception in the bat of an instant: purringly, she would demand to know whatever gave me the idea she was the pet, and not I? Clearly "human" would be her choice.

The cat is 16 and a few years ago we acquired (post-wife) an orange tabby who is now 5 or 6. The original black and white model is not amused. Not at all.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 10:37 AM   #96
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Snakes are not pets I tell you!
Sneaky I have a really nice VIVARIUM (Glass Tank) to keep you in .. You'd be really really Happy, I Promise

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #97
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I just can't see myself getting cuddly with a snake. and I was bitten once, so it just isn't a good thing.

a friend in California sent me these... the late great kindlekitten, may she RIP Oct. 08-Jan 10

KK Please check your Snail Mail .... Sending you a suprise present ....

Lots of Love,

PS Don't worry if package Wiggles a little
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #98
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
KK Please check your Snail Mail .... Sending you a suprise present ....

Lots of Love,

PS Don't worry if package Wiggles a little
On the package: "Warning. Contents may have settled into a corner and gotten really farked off. Open with care. It is recommended to throw in a squirrel or small child first before removing contents. Listen for burp."
Old 04-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #99
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ARGH!!! I'll have the cat deal with it!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #100
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Use the BIG cat!
Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 PM   #101
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Don't you have a pet mongoose for such emergencies? Say, why wasn't that a choice in the poll?
Old 04-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #102
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Use the BIG cat!
that was the plan!

Quote:
Don't you have a pet mongoose
for such emergencies? Say, why wasn't that a choice in the poll?
ummm, nope, dog, cat, horses, volunteer ducks in the pond and probably some fish
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #103
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
On the package: "Warning. Contents may have settled into a corner and gotten really farked off. Open with care. It is recommended to throw in a squirrel or small child first before removing contents. Listen for burp."

Quote:
Don't you have a pet mongoose for such emergencies? Say, why wasn't that a choice in the poll?
Well, geez, I did the best I could. Someone else better take over the poll making!!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #104
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Cat for me. Good companions, but largely self sufficient as long as you keep their food and water bowls full and clean and clean out their litter boxes!

I love dogs, but just can't deal with having to walk them etc. as I'm just too busy and on the go to much.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #105
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
You got it Pooh good use for children that,

Quote:
It is 9ft Long YES 9 Foot long .... LET the cat try

Quote:
Mongoose ....You need a HERD of mongoose to deal with my Cleo (The Snake)

Quote:
that was the plan!

ummm, nope, dog, cat, horses, volunteer ducks in the pond and probably some fish
Is the POST there yet KK ???