Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
gbortoluzzi87
gbortoluzzi87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Cover synchronization on calibre?

Hey!

Sorry about my english, is not so good. I searched in the other topics in this forum but didn't found my question.

I've a kobo touch. In kobo program (the original, I mean), I can synchronize my book, the notes, my last page, etc.

I'd like to know if this is possible on calibre. If it's not, for everything, is that possible just about the covers?

My situation: I added many books in my calibre library and changed the covers. But those books were already in my kobo. When I connect my device, I must "copy/paste" those books again (to have the "new cover" in the kobo library)...

Can I do it in an easy way? Just by synchronization?

Thanks a lot!
gbortoluzzi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The Kobo devices don't support syncing info about sideloaded books, only kepubs purchased from Kobo.

For the covers, the Kobo devices read sideloaded books the first time they are seen for metadata. And then they generate a cover the first time it is needed. If you sideload a new copy of the book after the covers images are generated, new covers are not regenerated.

But, if you send the books again from calibre, the driver will remove the generated cover images on the device. This will force the covers to be regenerated from the new copy of the book. You can also set options in the driver to get calibre to create the cover images. This can result in better images.

There is one catch with the above. If the book is one of the books on the home screen, the device caches the cover images in memory. They don't get replaced with the latest version until the books leave the home screen or the device is restarted.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #3
gbortoluzzi87
gbortoluzzi87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thanks

Thanks davidfor!

It's ok for me, calibre is still the better app to manage my book library!
gbortoluzzi87 is offline   Reply With Quote