Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-19-2009, 11:02 AM   #16
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
The Gentium Basic and Gentium Book Basic fonts work fine. They are on this page: http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/p...=Gentium_basic

The page you listed has the Gentium Main and Alt fonts... those don't seem to have a bold version so may be why they don't work.

Also I think we are limited to 8 fonts so make sure you don't install more than that or you won't see all the fonts.

Mine are named:
genbas.ttf genbasbd.ttf genbasbi.ttf genbasi.ttf
genbkbas.ttf genbkbasbd.ttf genbkbasbi.ttf genbkbasi.ttf
Where are you storing them? I have them in the fonts folder on my SD card, and they're still not showing up for Mobi books.

-- J.P.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #17
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Mine are the /fonts folder of main memory, not the SD card.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #18
jpt
Enthusiast
jpt began at the beginning.

Device: OLPC; Nokia 770; White EZ Reader Pocket Pro; Bookeen Cybook Odyssey
Quote:
Mine are the /fonts folder of main memory, not the SD card.
Okay. Damn it.. don't have my cable on me. *sigh*

EDIT: But someone else does. It works! Thanks for all the help!

-- J.P.

Last edited by jpt; 11-19-2009 at 11:09 AM.
jpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #19
tamzilla
Zealot
tamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with otherstamzilla plays well with others

Device: nook, Ipod touch
Quote:
Mine are named:
This is how I have mine named too, except I have them in the /fonts directory I have on the SD card. Both the basic and book basic versions work fine for me.
tamzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
They work in the /fonts directory on the SD card for me, too.

At first I could not get it to work, and put the SD card in my netbook (which runs Linux). It turned out the fonts were named incorrectly--they were genbas.ttf.ttf, etc. The extensions were doubled somehow--I guess because I created it on my Windows PC, and didn't realize the extensions were hidden. When I renamed the files properly, everything worked.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do the fonts need to be on the same storage that is being used for the file being read?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:24 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Mine are named:
duh!

I apparently made a typo and had called my genbasbd.ttf genbasb.ttf... Naming is very important!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote